Think Twice Before Selling your OEM Parts

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
I agree, and some point I may want to put some OEM parts on when I tire of the mods, loud exhaust etc. But like others my parts are all spread out. Exhaust in Atlanta, spoiler in Florida, intake and cats/headers in SoCal, and cosmetic shit in NorCal. It'll be a chore to return this bitch to stock.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have all the OEM parts from my 08 including a 3V long block with 26K on it. My youngest daughter is thinking about buying an 05 with 160K. Hmmm all those parts in my way in the garage may find a purpose and a new home.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i didn't save any of the stock parts. the main reason is i have no desire to do all the work required to return it to stock. headers, cams, gears, shocks and struts, springs, shifter, control arms, panhard bar...

too much work. just sell it and take the loss on the parts. i knew it going in, so i'm prepared for it if i sell it. the only thing i would consider doing is swapping out the 4.56 gears for something less extreme. most people think its way too much for street driving.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
Never selling my car, don't need them.
If I want a new mustang I will just go buy one lol.
This bitch is going to be with me the rest of my life!

Im with you. if this car gets wrecked I will search high and low to find another 06 yellow GT and swap parts.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
True that, I really don't need to have the fastest mustang or even the 10th fastest.
I don't have that desire in me to compete or keep up, not worried who I win or lose against etc..
I LOVE my car, I've sweat and bled under it... It's been through hell and back with me, it's been my stress reliever etc...
It's not just a mustang it's THIS mustang, MY mustang that has my heart.

/emo rant.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
only way my car is going anywhere is wrecked(and they pay for my performance stuff)(or I buy back) or if someone offers me too much $$$ to turn down the way the car is.

We did this to my wife's last 2 S197's already and getting the stock parts were easy to get.
We may do the same with her '11 if she falls in love with a '15

That's the great part about people selling their stock stuff as they mod it keeps the flow of stock stuff for peeps going back stock to resell.

Now if it was a special rare part like a 01 bullit with original intake or Recaro seats in a GT500 etc. then I can see hanging onto those parts. But stock exhaust, stock shocks, stock springs on a under 10yr old car naaa easy to replace

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
I go back and forth on this all the time. I like having the stock parts just in case. But I also like having room in my garage. I've thought about getting a shed just for the stock parts lol. But I think I'm more like rojizostang I'm to lazy to try and put it all back together with stock parts. If I ever decide to get a new stang it would be an impulse by where I take mine in see what they will give me and how much the new one will be. I almost did it the other day found 2013. But I think I'm too upside down right now. On a side note I could only find one 2011-2013 gt with an auto here in colorado.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be selling my 3.7 and auto trans real soon. I'll have no use/interest in them, and SWMBO won't allow them to consume space in the garage.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Just traded in my 10' and had no issues getting stock parts for a resonable price and a quick time frame.

I cant see having to move a shit load of parts when I PCS since its already a hassle.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I have every OEM piece that I removed from my car even though I will never sell the car. Just never know if I want to revert it back to stock for collecting purposes. Like handing it down to my kids in the future when I have some.

chair

forum member
Reaction score
True that, I really don't need to have the fastest mustang or even the 10th fastest.
I don't have that desire in me to compete or keep up, not worried who I win or lose against etc..
I LOVE my car, I've sweat and bled under it... It's been through hell and back with me, it's been my stress reliever etc...
It's not just a mustang it's THIS mustang, MY mustang that has my heart.

/emo rant.

^+1

twilson1918

forum member
Reaction score
I like the 5.0's but everyone has them now, ill still be the one with a clean 06 and im happy with that (my favorite body style and is payed for)

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Somebody please tell me why I hauled the stock exhaust manifolds up into the attic? Seriously who would ever go through all that trouble to put those back on? Not me ever. I really cant see taking much off if I sell my car.....maybe the DSS DS. Cams, headers, supercharger...way too much work.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back