Thinking of going with a supercharger, which one?

1FastS197

Reaction score
not sure which one i want to go with... either a D1 Procharger or a Paxton Novi 2200... anyone have any pro's/cons of the two... i haven't ever owned a Procharger but my brother has and they are awesome superchargers from what i have seen... another good friend had a Procharger as well and beat on it repeadily and never had an issue... but i have heard very good things on the Paxton superchargers as well... my nitrous kit will be coming off and will be sold pretty quick...

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Whipple(or any TS) FTW!!!!! Instant bewst/TQ = GONE!!!
chirp.gif

dancedood.gif

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
i've had personal time driving each on stock engine

I've driven the saleen , whipple, procharger p1sc, paxton 2200, each for at least a week drive time at the time all had stock bottom ends, x-pipe and axle backs.

From my personal experience and I mean my personal experience.... stop and go traffic and having fun with ...... the procharger/paxton are the best choice.

The whipple is quiet on the outside a little but you can hear it pretty good on inside.... The procharger behind a red race valve... there isn't hiding from anyone that your boosted going slow... You would have to be at wide open throttle for that fucker to be quiet, same thing with the paxton... The saleen was quiet incar and out of car. But the Centri are better to me in my o.p. b/c of stop and go traffic where as my girls twin screw is different. Gas mileage wise i've burned less gass with the Centri than with the twin screws.

Plus on street the Centri hook better than Twins' instant torque, b/c you build into the boost as you go.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
My D1SC has served me well. With the 4.13" pulley it made 14lbs of boost and 550whp on the stock block. I now have a 3.55" pulley on it. I make 21lbs of boost and 700whp. I have never had belt slip issues either.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Of the two you've listed, I'd go Procharger for the simple fact that it runs a dedicated 8 rib belt. A belt/pulley swap takes about 3 minutes tops. And if you ever lose a belt, the car still runs and drives fine. There are a lot of Prochargers out there, so pulleys are plentiful.

That's my opinion.

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
How far are you from Cordova, Tn.

If you want I can set you up with the help of Suprchgds197.. I can let you test drive the whipple, procharger, paxton, nitrous, saleen, and possibly a turbo s197.

1FastS197

Reaction score
My D1SC has served me well. With the 4.13" pulley it made 14lbs of boost and 550whp on the stock block. I now have a 3.55" pulley on it. I make 21lbs of boost and 700whp. I have never had belt slip issues either.

what kind of tensioner do you have? 8 or 10 rib setup? 700 is awesome number's man! i would be great with 700rwhp...

1FastS197

Reaction score
How far are you from Cordova, Tn.

If you want I can set you up with the help of Suprchgds197.. I can let you test drive the whipple, procharger, paxton, nitrous, saleen, and possibly a turbo s197.

not to far... i have a friend or two in Southhaven... my car has a Zex Blackout kit on it now with a HSW TB plate...

BMWM3

Always Online
Reaction score
not to far... i have a friend or two in Southhaven... my car has a Zex Blackout kit on it now with a HSW TB plate...

I guess when the wheather clears up maybe this weekend or next weekend .. we can set something up so you can get a feel... I'm assuming you already know where dynospeed is located?

1FastS197

Reaction score
I guess when the wheather clears up maybe this weekend or next weekend .. we can set something up so you can get a feel... I'm assuming you already know where dynospeed is located?

that would be great but i have to finish up moving... i do want to come to Memphis tho... maybe in a few weeks we can do something? i use to know where Dynospeed was, i'm unsure after Joe moved...

StangPower05

"Pony Up"
Reaction score
Whipple or Kenne Bell. IMO go with the Whipple.. But I'm not biased at all haha

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back