thoughts about shorties??

silverstangz

forum member
Reaction score
So... My wife got me an or-h pipe, off ebay for cheap!!, I have since found someone who would install headers for an amazing price !!!!! would putting shortie headers on the car "really " change the sound along with the or-h ?? I know I would gain a "bit" of performance with the shorties. or should I just stick with the stock manifolds? just looking for some thoughts.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
IMHO, shortie headers are not worth the time, effort and expense. Stick with your OEM exhaust manifolds while you save your $$$ for a set of long tube headers. If you're on a tight budget - look at the Pypes Stainless Steel LT headers with x-pipe. Otherwise, look at Kooks or American Racing headers.

Last edited:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I have mac 1 3/4 ST with the stock H-pipe w/ empty cats. I dont think they would be too far off from LT's minus the ass raping you get when you buy them. I have wanted to see someone test it on a dyno, but no one has.

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Absolutely pointless. No power. Save up for LTs. The ONLY advantage over the cast iron log manifolds are a few pounds of weight, thats it.

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME and MONEY.

I went with JBA shorties and no complaints except they are simply not worth it. They work...but not any better than the stock manifolds... atleast with 8 psi of boost blowing through your intake...

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
IMHO, shortie headers are not worth the time, effort and expense. Stick with your OEM exhaust manifolds while you save your $$$ for a set of long tube headers. If you're on a tight budget - look at the Pypes Stainless Steel LT headers with x-pipe. Otherwise, look at Kooks or American Racing headers.

+1!! Unless you are planning on going FI where you wouldn't want to suffer the loss of boost due to LT headers. I recommend Pypes, quality stuff and a copy of, if not exactly the same as Kooks. Also look into an H pipe verus an X, a little better sound there. Good luck!!

laz2447

forum member
Reaction score
LT's or keep the stock manifolds...I won't make the same mistake again, and as you can see here no one else wants you too either.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
I went down your road, I got a set of shorties on a trade, I wasted my time putting them on wanting to hear a difference and feel a difference, so a month later I put LTs on!!

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
ive been running shorties on my heads/cams car and i picked up 8rwhp with them over my stock manifolds. if i can find a dyno graph i will post them up. they may not make as much power as long tubes but for as little as i paid for my FRPP's they were def worth it.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
ive been running shorties on my heads/cams car and i picked up 8rwhp with them over my stock manifolds. if i can find a dyno graph i will post them up. they may not make as much power as long tubes but for as little as i paid for my FRPP's they were def worth it.

Did you do the Headers and an O/R pipe at the same time??

darkstar november

magical turning mustang
Reaction score
i have shorties on my car, made a tick over 320whp with bolt ons. when i put on the shorties i felt a little better mid range and got a little more power out of it in similar weather(read as hot and fucking humid)

i got them for next to nothing though. if i had the money i would have done longtubes

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back