tiger's brother just picked up his 2016 Z06/Z07 Corvette with pictures ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I know some of us like other brands of performance cars other than Mustangs.
That being the case my brother the Chevy guy placed an order for originally a 2015 Z06/Z07 Yellow colored Corvette.
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310553
He ordered it from the same Chevrolet Dealership he got the Grand Sport Corvette from.
Well he waited and waited and waited and finally the dealer found out that Chevrolet had (Restraints) on some optional items.
One was the CF (Carbon Fiber) package.
The other thing they found out was Chevrolet was not doing any more Yellow Corvettes for 2015.

So .............

The Dealer/Principal in talking with my brother said I have an idea for you.
icon3.gif

Lets just hold on for awhile until I can place a legit order for a 2016 Z06/Z07 Corvette for you.
That was agreeable and after awhile the phone rang and this is how it ended-up.
Norman (My Brother) I can place your order right now if you will take the Torch Red (Bright Red) color instead of the Yellow.
Chevrolet is going to be making for 2016 the Yellow but not at the front of production.
Then if we wait they might once again run out of some of those option packages like what took place in 2015.
Just tell me right now what you wish to do and we will get this show on the road immediately.
My brother said I'll take the Bright Red as long as I can get all the options I wanted last year.
Well as it turned out not only could he get all those options but he also found out they now offered Front & Rear Cameras to assist in parking the Vette.
So he got everything he wanted option wise and agreed on the Bright Red.

Well that Z06 with the Z07 Performance package was the 35th 2016 Z06 produced as it turned out.

The Vette came in last week and they did the PDI and Clean-Up plus stored it until my brother could come get it.
Brother drove up this past Monday and paid for it and finally got to see it in person.
He actually did not take it home that day because it was doing what outside ???
Raining-Raining-Raining as usual !!!

So he drove up later in the week and brought it home.

His wife (Diana) took some pictures and sent to me.
So here they are below.

Here it is when he got it home.

In front of his house.

Driving it in downtown Frankfort, KY.
The State Capital in the background.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is a pretty sick ass ride right there for sure

Thanks ...

looks great!!

Thanks ...

Bad ass car. Let's see some more of that C1 in the garage.

I'll post some pictures of his other Vettes for you.
He has had many of them and below are a few examples.

My Brother with our Dad.
Man this goes way the heck back in years.

He still has this one and has had it for like ever.
I think this is the same one he was Drag-Racing with and it ran in the 11's as I recall.
That was way the heck back in time.
It was a Bad Machine !!!

vettepicsandbullitt62-1.jpg

It had this Very Built Race Engine when he was Racing it.

He was a very serious Drag Racer when he was into it.
As you can tell by the Trophies on the walls.

Terry

GT E UPP

forum member
Reaction score
Both Vettes are very Impressive cars Terry, and the neatness of your brother's garage is very noticeable... seems there's "a place for everything and everything in its place". You both must have inherited this from your Dad ..lol.
Give him our congrats and best wishes even though it's a cough, cough, ...Corvette. Just Kidding ! Have you been able to start enjoying the "Tigermachine" yet ?.

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Both Vettes are very Impressive cars Terry, and the neatness of your brother's garage is very noticeable... seems there's "a place for everything and everything in its place". You both must have inherited this from your Dad ..lol.
Give him our congrats and best wishes even though it's a cough, cough, ...Corvette. Just Kidding ! Have you been able to start enjoying the "Tigermachine" yet ?.
Frank,

Below are the links to the thread on mine.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107300&page=43

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2213390&postcount=794

I Do-Not have it yet as I am still recovering from the heart attack May 26th and quad open-heart surgery on May 28th.
Mustang is at Brenspeed in Pierceton, IN. right now waiting on me.

Our Dad did like cars a lot as well as his Dad.
We have an older brother that likes cars a lot also.

The brother that has the new Vette is very anal as you can tell by the picture of him in the garage working on the 61 Vette.

Me and him have been into performance/sports cars and he went the Chevrolet direction and I ended up doing the Ford Mustang thing.

Terry

Last edited:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
That vette looks like its hauling ass just parked there. Very good looking ride. Cools pics and story thanks for sharing.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That vette looks like its hauling ass just parked there. Very good looking ride. Cools pics and story thanks for sharing.

Thanks and I agree it does look Bad-Ass in the pics.

I'm going to see it hopefully in the weeks to come maybe this next month August if all goes well.

1st need to get mine back and for the weather to cooperate with the on going rain.

I wanna know when you guys are going to race at the track?!?!?!?

You know they might be pretty darn close really.
I'm sure the Vette runs in the 11's and mine has went like high 11's on street tires.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That Z is dead sexy.

Sharad,

I agree it ain't to shabby buddy.
He actually placed an order for a 2015 but because of restrictions with certain options the Vette never was built.
Then his dealer said lets order you a 2016 and see what happens.
That worked and his was the 35th 2016 Z-06 Vette built.

2016%20Z06%20with%20Z07%20side%20image%20%20package%20Normans%20Vette%20pics%20July%2020%202015_zps5pfsquqy.jpg

Terry

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Here is what I have found out from my brother that is taking place this week if they arrive at his Chevy Dealership.

Below are pictures of his Race Tires that come on the Z-06 with the Z-07 Performance-Package.

They are going away this week if the replacement Michelin's arrive and they are suppose to.

Below are the New Michelin Tires ordered and replacing those Racing-Tires.

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • Pinterest
  • Mail

MICHELIN
PILOT SUPER SPORT ZP
Max Performance Summer
  • Size: P335/25ZR20 (99Y)
  • Run Flat
  • Sidewall Style: Blackwall
  • UTQG: 300 AA A

michelin_pss.jpg

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
That '61 is awesome. Love those six tail lights. Not so sure about that rear spoiler, lol. Thanks for sharing.

Back