Time for some interior work!

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
i did not know about the flat black, but it looks great, congrats!

00colburn

forum member
Reaction score
i just did mine this past week and i loved how it turned out. i did about 6 coats on the gauge pod and about 4 coats on the vents.

Attachments

• securedownload copy.jpeg
    securedownload copy.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 202
  • dash2.jpeg
    dash2.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 200

RideThePony14

Reaction score
you guys use adhesion promoter for the vinyl? I bought a kit from vinyl.com and it just wouldn't stick to my dash... :(

RideThePony14

Reaction score
Finished pics

Now I have to decide what to do with the shifter and steering wheel trim.

cf_18.jpg

cf_19.jpg

cf_20.jpg

cf_21.jpg

cf_22.jpg

How many sq feet of wrap did you use, I'm looking to do this also.

Four.O

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like quality work. I wouldn't have the patience though. Very nice

bullitt4434

forum member
Reaction score
if any of you were thinking about using plasti dip for the vents or guage pods, dip your car has an absurd amount of colors as well as a gloss finish for any color plasti dip if thats something youd like to go after

RideThePony14

Reaction score
Did this to my car today. Used 3M di-noc carbon fiber wrap and a lot of time and patience to do this. The vinyl was very forgiving with a little heat. Now i plan to use some clear plasti dip on the vent rings to give them a brushed aluminum look.

Last edited:

Beef

Reaction score
Has anyone done this to a 10+ interior yet?? Looks damn good though... I am with the others I know my sausage fingers will F*ck something up....

LTX

Lava Red
Reaction score
I bought a cf wrap and my IUP dash and sold my car.. I bought another base one but failed miserably.. so I will throw it in the FS section for anyone wanting to try..

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
Did this to my car today. Used 3M di-noc carbon fiber wrap and a lot of time and patience to do this. The vinyl was very forgiving with a little heat. Now i plan to use some clear plasti dip on the vent rings to give them a brushed aluminum look.

How much sq ft dud you buy to do this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RideThePony14

Reaction score
On ebay i got legit 3m di-noc 12" x 48" for about $20. That would have been enough but i f***ed up the gauge cluster and had to order some more vinyl. I also wrapped the shifter bezel too so that used up some more vinyl.

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
On ebay i got legit 3m di-noc 12" x 48" for about $20. That would have been enough but i f***ed up the gauge cluster and had to order some more vinyl. I also wrapped the shifter bezel too so that used up some more vinyl.

I really want to try this. It looks like you rolled the edges in to the trim instead of cutting out the circles. I how hard was that?

RideThePony14

Reaction score
it took a while but i made templates out of paper and fit the vinyl using heat to stretch the material to how i wanted it. Very long process but very worth it in the end. I just have to redo my gauge cluster because i used a few separate pieces to make the shape and now i have seams.... >:|

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
it took a while but i made templates out of paper and fit the vinyl using heat to stretch the material to how i wanted it. Very long process but very worth it in the end. I just have to redo my gauge cluster because i used a few separate pieces to make the shape and now i have seams.... >:|

I like the out out come. Others just cut around it and leave some ugly sharp lines.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back