Tire shine that's not so "shiny"?

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find anything that doesn't leave a shiny oily gloss AND lasts. Currently, Meguires Endurance products have the longevity I like, but it's just too shiny. I just want a uniform solid black semi gloss or even a matte.

Any thoughts...?

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Best stuff I have found is optimum optibond. It is very affordable and lasts weeks!

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Best stuff I have found is optimum optibond. It is very affordable and lasts weeks!
I did a quick google search and autogeek has this down as "high gloss". Is there another product that's NOT so shiny. I like hard uniform black without the mirror reflecting gloss...

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you haven't tried it yet, take a rag after spraying/applying to sop up the excess.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I did a quick google search and autogeek has this down as "high gloss". Is there another product that's NOT so shiny. I like hard uniform black without the mirror reflecting gloss...

It honestly isn't high gloss unless you put like 5 coats on it. Here is 1-2 coats. Its just a deep, rich black color instead of faded and flat.
ypenynuh.jpg

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Surf City Garage Beyond Black Tire Pro

I can't stand glossy tires. This stuff just makes your car look like it has brand-new tires on it - black, dark, and not shiny.

It's a little pricey, at about $15 per bottle. But it smells great and lasts a long time.

As with any tire dressing, the way to keep it from 'slinging' is to wipe off the excess after you've given it some time to soak in.

DSC03560.jpg

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
You really have to watch that stuff. I used to like it on the tires, but if you don't wipe them down good it can be BAD about slinging.

Yea I apply it with a applicator sponge then use a terry shop towel to wipe down afterward

Mustang259

forum member
Reaction score
I use Zaino

Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss
Code:Z-16
Price: $12.95
Quantity in Basket: none

Description: Perfect is right. One application of Z-16 leaves an incredibly durable, water repellent, perfect looking satin finish, that's only slightly glossy and dry to the touch. Our unique formula contains Ultra-Gard UV protection and our exclusive moisturizing and antistatic solution to prevent drying, cracking and browning. Z-16 helps repels dust and dirt to keep your tires looking great, longer. Z-16 is not greasy and won’t sling off onto your paint.

Works good for me and is not shiny

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for all the great feedback. I will try a couple out and see what holds up best.

Sent from the Ether using TapaTalk 2

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Surf City Garage Beyond Black Tire Pro

I can't stand glossy tires. This stuff just makes your car look like it has brand-new tires on it - black, dark, and not shiny.

It's a little pricey, at about $15 per bottle. But it smells great and lasts a long time.

As with any tire dressing, the way to keep it from 'slinging' is to wipe off the excess after you've given it some time to soak in.

DSC03560.jpg

I use this now, was using Megs Endurance.

Mustang08

Reaction score
Adams vrt works great. Nice shine but not to shiny and stays on for a couple weeks when i use it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back