Tire shine that's not so "shiny"?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Adams isn't really all that great.

Ultima Tire and Trim Guard or Perl are my preferences.

I also like Optimum Opti Bond

RACE RED PONY

Reaction score
Try Armour All's foaming tire shine, spray it on and let the foam disolve than wipe the remaining off for a great dull look, just like a new tire.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Ive used beyond black I bet thats what your looking for. One coat will look like a new tire without a bunch of shine

BlueSoulStang

forum member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find anything that doesn't leave a shiny oily gloss AND lasts. Currently, Meguires Endurance products have the longevity I like, but it's just too shiny. I just want a uniform solid black semi gloss or even a matte.

Any thoughts...?

You should try the endurance but using an applicator. It worked for me. It spreads it out evenly and isn't "wet" looking like it happens when you just spray it on directly.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I found this in vatozone a few weeks ago...
rodi_2265_106050894

Not sure on long term but it's been on about 3 weeks and looks like when I first put it on, it's kind of like a clearcoat, it's dry to the touch and rubbery.

Looks like it's not easy to take off though (I can't scratch it off with my nail) so not sure what is going to happen in the future lol.

XxBoostinxX

forum member
Reaction score
Currently using Adams vrt or Chemical Guys vrp.

Adams isn't really all that great.

Ultima Tire and Trim Guard or Perl are my preferences.

I also like Optimum Opti Bond
I'm wanting to try both Ultima and Opti Bond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
Have you tried wiping down whatever brand tire shine that you are currently using? I've found that I can get a shiny, but not glossy shiny look with this technique.

Of course, if the tire shine you are using doesn't stick well to the tire, you will just wipe most of it right off. Adam's VRT gives a nice, but not glossy shine, but durability is lacking a bit.

XxBoostinxX

forum member
Reaction score
Adam's VRT gives a nice, but not glossy shine, but durability is lacking a bit.

Really? I find the durability extremely good. I wash my car once a week and see it lasting through the washes for up to two or three washes/weeks before I have to reapply. I am by no means a fan of Adams, but I love VRT. It is their ONLY product in my arsenal. I bought Chemical Guys VRP expecting the same results and I am kinda let down. It doesn't seem as water repellant.

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm not using enough VRT, but I washed and dressed the tires then parked the Mustang in the garage for a whole week while I'm gone on a business trip. When I comes back, the tires are already looking dry and faded. Washing the tires with a mild cut of APC would take the remaining VRT completely off.

I agree that Chemical Guys' VRP isn't very durable as well.

FWIW, this is Chemical Guys' "Tire and Trim Gel for Plastic and Rubber" wiped down. It goes on with the consistency of pancake syrup into a glossy shine. I wipes it down after a few hours to remove excess. Wipe it down VERY lightly for more shine, or buff it a bit to get it less shiny. Goes through days of rain and water beads off the tire. If I don't reapply after a wash, it will goes 2 washes (tires cleaned with APC) before it fades.

DSCN1319_zps95a99082.jpg

DSCN1320_zps298c06e6.jpg

Really? I find the durability extremely good. I wash my car once a week and see it lasting through the washes for up to two or three washes/weeks before I have to reapply. I am by no means a fan of Adams, but I love VRT. It is their ONLY product in my arsenal. I bought Chemical Guys VRP expecting the same results and I am kinda let down. It doesn't seem as water repellant.

XxBoostinxX

forum member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm not using enough VRT, but I washed and dressed the tires then parked the Mustang in the garage for a whole week while I'm gone on a business trip. When I comes back, the tires are already looking dry and faded. Washing the tires with a mild cut of APC would take the remaining VRT completely off.

I agree that Chemical Guys' VRP isn't very durable as well.

FWIW, this is Chemical Guys' "Tire and Trim Gel for Plastic and Rubber" wiped down. It goes on with the consistency of pancake syrup into a glossy shine. I wipes it down after a few hours to remove excess. Wipe it down VERY lightly for more shine, or buff it a bit to get it less shiny. Goes through days of rain and water beads off the tire. If I don't reapply after a wash, it will goes 2 washes (tires cleaned with APC) before it fades.

DSCN1319_zps95a99082.jpg

DSCN1320_zps298c06e6.jpg

When I do the VRT, I put a shit ton on lol. Than I just let it dry with zero wipe down.

Another product I want to try is the Auto Finesse Satin Tire Gel. If you don't like the look of the first coat you can add additional coats to get your tires to the amount of shine you want.

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
I would not recommend this to anyone! I bought it 6 months ago and at first I thought it was amazing because I wanted an extremely high gloss shine that you did not have to re-apply every week and it sure did just that. The bad is if you do not keep re-applying it your tires will turn a nasty brown color and look very very bad. I have been using product after product to get it off and numerous hours of direct powerwashing and I still have not got all of it off. I will post pics of what it looks like now later this week

I found this in vatozone a few weeks ago...
rodi_2265_106050894

Not sure on long term but it's been on about 3 weeks and looks like when I first put it on, it's kind of like a clearcoat, it's dry to the touch and rubbery.

Looks like it's not easy to take off though (I can't scratch it off with my nail) so not sure what is going to happen in the future lol.

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
I found my new favorite combo! Chemical Guys Blue Guard II sprayed on to the tire applicator. Two coats, wipe away the excess after 10 min. Deep black tires with no gloss whatsoever. So far I've gone through 2 washes and it still looks great.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back