Torsen vs OEM LSD

2008 V6

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, there's a guy on another forum who gets the Boss Torsen straight from Ford and is selling them for $500.

Purchased mine for $295.00 - Which was less than I could purchase the T2R for. This was at cost from a lead engineer at Tracy industries which is now unfortunately is dissolved. (Ford shot themselves in the foot over that one) The Auction for all their equipment ended yesterday. I would have liked to purchase the T2R but I'm anal retentive, cheap & with the way my wife drove at the time I thought the 2.7 – T2 would have a better chance for survival.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Yea, there's a guy on another forum who gets the Boss Torsen straight from Ford and is selling them for $500.

Even straight from Ford, dead cost on the Boss Torsen is WELL above that. If someone is selling new ones for $500, he is either taking a $250 loss on each one, or he's stealing them, and that deal isn't going to last long. Or, they're takeouts, not new. Or, they're the early T2's. Regardless, $500 doesn't buy you a new Boss T2 unless someone is being "generous".

2008 V6

forum member
Reaction score
Even straight from Ford, dead cost on the Boss Torsen is WELL above that. If someone is selling new ones for $500, he is either taking a $250 loss on each one, or he's stealing them, and that deal isn't going to last long. Or, they're takeouts, not new. Or, they're the early T2's. Regardless, $500 doesn't buy you a new Boss T2 unless someone is being "generous".

Not a take out & I'll take generous any day of the week.
Free is my favorite word followed closely by sale and generous is now up there too.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back