tr6060 issues

hazzardoustoysjr

forum member
Reaction score
just installed my tr6060 after purchased from forum member, had the second gear syncro replaced. when car is put in first gear it pops out as soon as there is any load put on it. only in first gear. the shifter also seems like it is sitting way to far back in the hole cut out in the floor. any ideas on whats going on? could it be something with the shifter or is it in the trans? has anyone else had this problem before?

hazzardoustoysjr

forum member
Reaction score
the cross member? yes it is in right. it couldnt bold up any other way could it?

StangPhD

forum member
Reaction score
It could bolt upside down if I remember correctly. There was a thread here that described this and there was difficulty shifting with the shifter in a very odd position.

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
I know i had a problem with my aje k member motor mounts was off and i had to cut the welds and move them and re-weld. What k member u using?

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Typically, that type of symptom is related to installation issue where the transmission is not square to the motor and the mounting provisions.

I have seen several cars brought to a shop with gears popping out...once the vehicle was lifted, the transmission was not fully seated square onto the motor.

All these failures were after a clutch replacement performed by another shop.

hazzardoustoysjr

forum member
Reaction score
trans seems to be perfectly flush with the motor, and I am using the stock k member. probably going to pull it back out this Saturday. it feels as if its not even fully going into 1st gear. doesn't feel like its locking into place all the way. if I keep allot of pressure on it it will stay in.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
trans seems to be perfectly flush with the motor, and I am using the stock k member. probably going to pull it back out this Saturday. it feels as if its not even fully going into 1st gear. doesn't feel like its locking into place all the way. if I keep allot of pressure on it it will stay in.

Have you checked the shifter?

hazzardoustoysjr

forum member
Reaction score
I took the shifter linkage off and manually put the trans in first and it still popped right back out

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
it sounds like the detent ball and spring is in the bottom of the hole. that would prevent the shift rail from moving all the way to the front. When shifting can you feel the shift rail detent popping in and out?

hazzardoustoysjr

forum member
Reaction score
i can feel it in all the other gears just not when I go to put it in first it doesn't feel as if it is popping in all the way, trans is back out of the car now and im going to have the guy who rebuilt it take a look this week. ill let you know what he finds.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back