Trac Control?

TorchRedV6

Reaction score
this has happened a couple of times and it happened again tonight. im driving along and when i go to gas it (not floored just normal acc.) the traction control light is illuminated and there is no acceleration at all. each time this has happened it goes on and off and will be fine and in power for a few seconds and then the TC will light up and stop me from accelerating. each time i have just put the car in neutral and turned it off and then started the car again. that clears the issue up fine. it has happened 3 times now and its been about a month in between each occurrence. any idea as to what is going on? is there some sensor that might be bad? no noise is made when this occurs if that helps.
thank you in advance for any help

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Try cleaning the throttle body.
Also, any spinning of the rear tires will cause that to happen, even if it is as simple as stopped on an incline and taking off and spinning just a little. (there's one such place I drive through and have it happen about 1 out of 10 times.)

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Simple, turn it off....lol

If the wheels arent slipping at all, maybe its calibration is off causing it to go on to much and too easily. Maybe check for codes, or talk to a ford dealer to see if its something that can be re-flashed, or if its just a faulty unit that has to be replaced.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back