Trade for a Shelby?

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Again you sound like someone who has had a taste of information and now spout off like an expert. Nothing wrong with a GT500 or a 11-14 GT. But stock for stock you are talking apples to oranges in terms of how that power is created. One is a forged supercharged 5.4 motor and another is a newer tech high revving 5.0 N/A motor. As far as actual times verified by a time slip or video the best verified time for a stock gt500 I have seen is here: http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-Timeslip-15418.html he even includes his time slip. A 12.2 @115

The fastest I have seen for a completely stock coyote is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxm0CuRevWc a 12.63 @111. A 2012 like yours will weigh in at 3483-3801 pounds depending on options. Most stock coyotes will dyno at around 375-390HP to the wheels.

A typical 09 GT500 will weigh in at just under 4000 at 3920 and have around 440ish HP to the wheels. So you can see it would be a relatively 'close' race if you want to be accurate however once you start "modding"things and going for big HP the GT500 shows its real potential with it's forged built for a supercharger motor. Not to take anything away from a coyote powered 11-14 but if you were going to go mod for mod and bang for buck the GT500 is going to win the swinging dick, ego built power war there. Driver mod is something else. Around a auto-x its a different story. Fun factor for either is subjective.

Now as far as your racing exploits that you seem so willing to want to discuss well then maybe you are just that good. I mean you speak on this forum with such authority like you are the one who invented fire or the wheel that we must take your account as gospel. For whatever reason you seem to really want all of us to go and drink your egg nog. So Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas :whistle1:

Last edited:

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Again you sound like someone who has had a taste of information and now spout off like an expert. Nothing wrong with a GT500 or a 11-14 GT. But stock for stock you are talking apples to oranges in terms of how that power is created. One is a forged supercharged 5.4 motor and another is a newer tech high revving 5.0 N/A motor. As far as actual times verified by a time slip or video the best verified time for a stock gt500 I have seen is here: http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-Timeslip-15418.html he even includes his time slip. A 12.2 @115

The fastest I have seen for a completely stock coyote is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxm0CuRevWc a 12.63 @111. A 2012 like yours will weigh in at 3483-3801 pounds depending on options. Most stock coyotes will dyno at around 375-390HP to the wheels.

A typical 09 GT500 will weigh in at just under 4000 at 3920 and have around 440ish HP to the wheels. So you can see it would be a relatively 'close' race if you want to be accurate however once you start "modding"things and going for big HP the GT500 shows its real potential with it's forged built for a supercharger motor. Not to take anything away from a coyote powered 11-14 but if you were going to go mod for mod and bang for buck the GT500 is going to win the swinging dick, ego built power war there. Driver mod is something else. Around a auto-x its a different story. Fun factor for either is subjective.

Now as far as your racing exploits that you seem so willing to want to discuss well then maybe you are just that good. I mean you speak on this forum with such authority like you are the one who invented fire or the wheel that we must take your account as gospel. For whatever reason you seem to really want all of us to go and drink your egg nog. So Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas :whistle1:

Whatever I have said or experienced to offend you, I am sorry. But since I'm on a budget, a used, everyday 5.0 can be had for less money than most gt500's, leaving the excess money to mod the 5.0, which is what I have chosen for my goals. The OP seems to care more about owning somewhat of an exclusive Mustang than simply going down a track as quickly as possible for the very least amount of money like myself.

Merry X-mas to you too!

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Not to take anything away from a coyote powered 11-14 but if you were going to go mod for mod and bang for buck the GT500 is going to win the swinging dick, ego built power war there.
HMMM, just did a little reading here
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5218, Looks like there are some 302 CI 4v's ahead of the first 330 4v I see on the list, as far as "swinging dick egos" track times > dyno as far as what is cool to me. And you'll probably argue that the 302 4V's on that list are probably "built" motors, and you'd surely be right, but I'd also bet some of those 3304V's have been built as well.

Oh, and here's the 4v power adder list on this site.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99578, It looks like of the 42 on the quickest list, 18 of them are 330 4V's, and 22 are 302 4V's. These are obnoxiously fast, built, and more than likely trailered cars, but none the less, there's a pool of Coyote power here as well.

I can argue all day. But to say "your absolutely right" isn't gonna happen.

Stock for stock, I'm betting a gt500 owner is hoping the coyote isn't an auto with a decent driver in a drag race on street tires, or drag radials.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey, he's not trying to be a pain in the ass. I'm of the opinion he's just young and needs a week or two to settle into the groove of the forum. Let's not raise our pitchforks just yet.

he's not young....

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I've owned 5 Shelby's and a Boss 302, and I've driven several modded and stock GT 5.0's for several days. There is no way in hell I would take any form of 5.0 over an 07 GT500. I've owned an 08, 2012, 2007, 2013 and now a 2008 GT500 in that order. I couldn't justify the price of a 2013 GT500 for the way I use it(daily driven). That's why I sold it and went back to a cheaper one. 5.0's are fun, but I personally do not like them and will not own one again.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
3mLydMU.png

LOL

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Love you guys, so sensitive!!

Last edited:

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
It's ok, I have a brother just like you. So insecure he can never admit he is wrong...
Maybe you'll grow out of it...NAH!
Lol

skaarlaj

Reaction score
It's ok, I have a brother just like you. So insecure he can never admit he is wrong...
Maybe you'll grow out of it...NAH!
Lol
I'm wrong, GT500's are better in any /every way imaginable. Sorry for the thread turning into this OP. Dark steed, message me if we need to talk. I don't get why you hate my opinion so very badly, I'd like to know. I'm tired of doing this to the op's thread, seriously message me, please.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Just put over 100 miles on the girlfriend's Shelby (see sig).

Highway, back roads, stop-and-go.

The torque, the lack of clanging noises when shifting, the effortless acceleration, the flat cornering (adjustable Koni Sports), ..... aahhh, that was Heaven.

She needs to be too tired to drive more often, cuz it was NOT a chore for me, lol

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
You need to learn when people are messing around or being serious. Not one person here is saying GT500's or coyote powered mustangs are the end all or better then another what I think most are saying is if you are going to make a comparison at least back it up with facts of some sort. Especially if it flies in the face of what owners of either or both are saying is true.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back