Trade for a Shelby?

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised I didn't find a thread on this. Maybe I'm stupid for contemplating but, have any of you Coyote owners contemplated trading for an '07-'09 GT500?

I've seen a few trade for a '10-'12+ GT500, but not an '07-'09.

This is not serious thought in the sense that even if the right one came along I wouldn't be ready to jump on it, but I am curious to see what thoughts you guys would have.

Just a passing thought for the moment.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. :cheersman:

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Outside of the fact it is a Shelby, I don't think a 07-09 car would be an upgrade at all. Not any faster than a mild bolt on 5.0, and I don't think it would handle any better either. That said, the 07-09's are still my favorite appearance wise. Something about a stripe delete black gt500 that is purty.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Something about a stripe delete black gt500 that is purty.[/B]

This is pretty much the sole factor. If I had the money I'd go all-in on a '13-'14 GT500 with no stripe. That's my all-time favorite. But stripe-less Shelbys are the tits.

Reaction score
I'd take a 07/09 GT500 any day over a coyote. Looking to get a 09 in the future lol. Some mods and a tvs swap and youll be sitting pretty.

Reaction score
Outside of the fact it is a Shelby, I don't think a 07-09 car would be an upgrade at all. Not any faster than a mild bolt on 5.0, and I don't think it would handle any better either. That said, the 07-09's are still my favorite appearance wise. Something about a stripe delete black gt500 that is purty.

Comparing a stock gt500 that dynos around 440ish to a modded car?

TOWGUNNER

forum member
Reaction score
The 07-09 GT500 is an awesome car especially when u add a tvs and some goodies to it. Another thing is you don't see that many out there like you do see coyotes daily.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
With the '15-16GT's practically having the Roadrunner engine in them and guys cranking over 800HP on stock blocks but with billet OPG and Crankgears..............why buy old and slow?????:gayflag:

This guy is sucking up old Shelby's for breakfast on stock motor(+ billet opg and timing Gear) and NA! :stir: :clap:

Last edited:

TOWGUNNER

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah the new stangs are nice but everyone has them. U don't see that many shelbys on the road. There's always someone faster and that will never go away. But to each his own. Good luck on whatever vehicle u choose

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
It's not for me. Other than it being a GT500 and having a good starting platform, I really don't like '05-'09 S197 looks. I had a 2010 GT500 and loved it, but I rarely drove it so I traded for my 2011. I've enjoyed it a whole lot more. I'd trade for a 2010+, but not older.

EDIT: Don't listen to Darren. His car makes 0.0 horsepower at the rear wheels.....because they never turn over.

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
had a 08 gt500 traded for a 14 GT track pack. Traded the Gt for my 2011 Gt500. I wouldnt trade it in unless its an 11+ 500 or Boss 302.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I have a Coyote, and I have considered trading for a Shelby, either a 07-09, or a 2011-12 (the 2013+ models are still too dang expensive for me). I like both body styles in different ways, and the prices for the 07-09s have really gotten down to what I'd call "affordable" for a Shelby.

I love my car, and in many ways I think it's much nicer than the 07-09 GT500s, but there's something about saying "I own a Shelby GT500," and the attention that it brings at the local cruise in. But I like to track my car, and FI that comes with a GT500 isn't ideal on a road course car.

Last edited:

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
I would too take a 07-09 over a coyote motored 11-14. The GT500 can be made to handle well with some of the same suspension upgrades any other s197 can get. The motor with a few upgrades makes more then enough power for a street car and the tr6060 is way better then the mt8ightypoo. Interior is subjective. I prefer the simplicity of the older s197's but some may like the tech packages on the newer ones. Looks is subjective too but the 07-09's do it for me. Although the fronts of the 11's and 12's and the rear of the 13's and 14's look good too.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I love my car, and in many ways I think it's much nicer than the 07-09 GT500s, but there's something about saying "I own a Shelby GT500," and the attention that it brings at the local cruise in. But I like to track my car, and FI that comes with a GT500 isn't ideal on a road course car.

This is also my main thought minus the road course part. I'm planning on starting my straight-track hobby next spring; whether it be in the Yote or if I land a Shelby by then.

But yeah, I'd do it mainly for the bragging rights. Also, the Shelby's you're mentioning in the "affordable" range are hovering around half the mileage mine has on it too.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I'd do it for a '13-14 GT500. Anything else........nope.

Well that does seem to be the next thing on the food chain for you. At least then it's somewhat "normal" to have double digit miles on the odometer. :perkinswhatever:

i rather have a 07-09 gt500 over any coyote, better transmission is a big deal imho.

I didn't even think about that. Would benefit my amateur trips to the track every once in awhile.

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
I would trade my track pack equipped and nicely modded '14 GT for a low mileage white w/blue striped '09 GT500 in a near heart beat. I like my '14- nicest, most capable, competent, comfortable & highest quality Stang I've ever owned (& I've owned 6 since '88) but it doesn't 'sing' to me. My '08 Bullitt sang to me & is still my fave of all my Stangs. I miss her daily.

To my eye, the '05-09 gen was the last gen of Stangs to actually look like Stangs are supposed to look & that gen's GT500's fall right into that line. The '10-14 gen softened up too much & the '15's are a hideous mating of BMW & Fusion- they look nothing like I expect an American muscle car to look. Of the 05-09 gen, I'd love to get another Bullitt or even better, that '09 white blue or blue w/white.

Yeah, I'd trade 'down'.
Lee

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I would trade my track pack equipped and nicely modded '14 GT for a low mileage white w/blue striped '09 GT500 in a near heart beat. I like my '14- nicest, most capable, competent, comfortable & highest quality Stang I've ever owned (& I've owned 6 since '88) but it doesn't 'sing' to me. My '08 Bullitt sang to me & is still my fave of all my Stangs. I miss her daily.

To my eye, the '05-09 gen was the last gen of Stangs to actually look like Stangs are supposed to look & that gen's GT500's fall right into that line. The '10-14 gen softened up too much & the '15's are a hideous mating of BMW & Fusion- they look nothing like I expect an American muscle car to look. Of the 05-09 gen, I'd love to get another Bullitt or even better, that '09 white blue or blue w/white.

Yeah, I'd trade 'down'.
Lee

Good point, sir.

Well maybe for a white with blue striped one......

Oh jesus. Black drove you insane and you'd opt for a white one? Car looks clean until ONE thing brushes against it. (even a sock)

:omfg:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
z6YUBuZ.jpg

My nephew just bought a 50th Ann packaged GT. He just left my house from showing me and I really really like the white. I've always liked Daves GT500.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back