Tranny issue

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Well at track after about 7 passes car got to were it wouldn't go into 5th while going down track. All other gears are fine. Slow down and try pit in gear it grinds going in then would kick out of gear. Cooled car off some more and tried putting in gear just idling. Goes in gear but grinds a little. Drive home car goes into 5th now but grinds going in.

Tranny? Clutch? Pressure plate? Any ideas. Syncro? Solenoid?

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Sounds like a synchro issue to me. But with these newer, electronically controlled transmissions, I can't say for sure. I don't know how much electronics wise the manuals have to them. If this were a car where I knew the limited amount of electrical additions it had, I would definitely say a synchro.

blackgt09

forum member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my 09 but it was in second...conclusion was that I completely destroyed second gear synchro doing carlisle burnout comp

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Dealer called said it is covered under warranty and will have tranny out by end day and know for sure what wrong tomorrow

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
these transmissions are only rated for 389ish lb-ft. they wont take the power we make for long. im figuring ill have to TKO600 it at some point.

Mikes5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Man you must have the best dealer in the US. With my luck they would void my warranty if I told them I opened my oil cap.

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
http://www.getrag.de/en/235

its actually rated for 500n-m which is less than i said. its 369.

there is the getrag ratings. its called a 6mti500.

02_MT82.jpg

6MTI500 (MT82) Transmission 6MTI500 (MT82)

http://www.auto-shanghai.german-pavilion.com/gp/autosh09/exhibitors/profile.cfm?id_nr=9#zoom

Last edited:

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Dealer didn't give me crap for mods. Least yet. And after last issues I don't thing the will to much. Cold air, and x pipe, that they can see beside some suspension work.

I will be upgrading tranny sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
i read that article but didnt pay a lot of attention. i guess i need to keep it in mind.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back