TREMEC T56 Magnum S197 Transmission

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
Only reason I want this transmission is due to it eliminating the need for a remote shifter. Otherwise I'd rather go with a 6060

G.T

Reaction score
Only reason I want this transmission is due to it eliminating the need for a remote shifter. Otherwise I'd rather go with a 6060

back in 2009 i installed a D&D performance viper spec T56 transmission on a 2007 Mustang.. fit perfectly, and had a direct shifter
i believe it had the following gear ratios: 2.66 1.78 1.30 1.00 0.74 0.50

it shifted great, but was noisy as fuck

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
Guys Im telling. Get a rebuilt 6060 that a performance transmission shop has rebuilt (in my case it was Liberty) get torque limiters with a after market shifter and forget about it.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe some light at the end of the tunnel?

I was at americanpowertrain.com web site and by. Curiosity I just asked about the T-56 Magnum, so these was their reply.

We had a meeting with Tremec Friday and they say we should have them in the next few weeks. There is a waiting list building up so you really should call in Monday morning and put a deposit on one.

It could also be an illusion, or they mean " we will have it in next year "

LOL......

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Actually i was yesterday around Boise and decided to go visit a company named Modern Driveline to see if they had it. I found them and they show me all kinds of pictures they had of a 2011 black 5.0 they did a swap. They had the T-56 magnum marked as the 00001 in production. and it looks like it will be worth the wait.

Like always the same story was told. " The transmission was due these week but they keep pushing the release forward" " The best way to get one is to place an order because they will be gone fast". I got a quote and pretty much told them that i will visit them again when they get one on hand to see it and then place an order.

Any way the T-56 pictures i saw where very nice. the trans fit perfect and looks like stock and the SFI Bell housing is super nice.

The quote i got end up been. $5,048.40 without taxes for

2.97 first and , 80 overdrive and 63 overdrive and Bronze/Keblar clutch disk. 4130 Chromemoly DS and Speedometer cal and box. everything needed.

We will see because i realy need that shit, i am running in 4 gears only lol.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Ok guys i think is done finaly

we just have to wait for shops to start installing the damn thing and see the feedback we get but i think is available after a decade. LOL

The most highly anticipated product release from TREMEC since the launch of the original Magnum 6-speed nearly three years ago, the Magnum XL for S197 Mustangs, has finally arrived! Those of you who have been following the drawn out process of getting this transmission to market, will undoubtedly join us in our excitement! For those of you not familiar, allow us to introduce the new MAGNUM XL 6-SPEED...

Beginning with an all-new "extended length" rear extension housing, the Magnum XL is intended for late model performance applications, cursed with factory "semi-remote" shifters. By offering the owners of these vehicles a rigid, "direct-shift" with the Magnum XL, gone are the days of clumsy, rubbery-feeling gear changes. Like the rest of the Magnum line, the XL offers crisp, low-effort shifts, and an industry leading 700 lb-ft. of torque capacity! Additionally, thanks to it's OE-derived & race-proven synchronizer technology, the Magnum XL is equipped to deal with all but the highest revving engines, with an rpm capacity nearing 8,000 rpm straight out of the box!

It's big, its brutal, and yet oh-so sophisticated! As hardcore performance enthusiasts ourselves, we have extremely high hopes for this new transmission, and believe it is going to make a huge impact on the late model performance scene! Initially available for 2005-up "S197" Mustangs, the Magnum XL will eventually be available for most popular late-model applications, and comes complete with an SFI-approved steel bellhousing, swap-specific crossmember and mount, a truly awesome short-throw shifter, and all the necessary hardware to bolt it in your car!

PLEASE NOTE: All Magnum XL conversions will require a 26-spline clutch and 1-piece driveshaft (sold seperately). Additionally, supplies are limited due to significant demand. For complete details and pricing information, see your preferred TREMEC Elite Distributor, or contact our customer service department at (800) 401-9866 or email us at [email protected].
Attached Thumbnails

Here is the link: http://www.tremec.com/performance/forum/showthread.php?t=9877

Also Modern Driveline is the shop i been talking with and they said their first batch has just shipped last week. so i think is real these time.

Last edited:

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They missed the boat here, I got tired of waiting and decided I will go with an auto before the t56.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I did my 6060 swap a year ago, love it, don't think that remote shifter is a problem. If they would have told us what was causing the delay I mite have waited. They just took to long. Oh and to top it off, this trans was in use overseas. And to hell with Nate after refusing to reply to questions both here and on the Tremec web site.

Simon

forum member
Reaction score
They missed the boat here, I got tired of waiting and decided I will go with an auto before the t56.

I think i will probably do the same. If I want to be as fast as possible and consistant, an auto is in my future.

cruisin

Reaction score
Autos are great for consistency and speed but of you aren't trailering the car to the track, they are no fun to drive.

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
Checking funds now! If this really is available, I'll put one in for May.

vegasfergie

Reaction score
I hope it's true and they're really making them. I'll also wait to see feedback. I tried contacting them via email and never got a response. If their customer service is going to be like that, I may just keep waiting and get a 6060.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I hope they release these soon....or I may be switching to a 6060 myself. I just had my first drivetrain failure in my 2011 @ 933.9 miles!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back