TREMEC T56 Magnum S197 Transmission

HOLLYWD69

Reaction score
The 6060 came with two different sets of 5/6th gears. Up to 2008 it's .8 and .63, 2009+ is .74 and .5.

I haven't driven a Magnum. I have been driving a 6060 for a few years now and it's a night and day difference over the 3650. No matter what you go with it will be a huge improvement.

If I was in your place and the money wasn't a huge concern I'd get the Magnum. Like you said it's all brand new. You also get an sfi rated bellhousing. Are the two you are comparing apples to apples concerning included parts?

If you pieced a 6060 swap together yourself it could be done for under $2500 and that's with a new RST clutch.

yea the price is for the exact same parts, what doesnt come with the 6060 i priced new. so the $3500 may be a little high. The 6060 im looking at is the .63 overdrive.

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
If anyone who has done the T56 swap on the 2011-13 needs a reverse-lockout override, I have a brand new one I'd sell at half the price you'd normally pay. It basically nullifies the 25 lbs of pressure you normally need to go into reverse, as long as you're under 12 mph (and there is no threat of hitting it accidentally when going for 5th). After 12 mph, it allows the tranny to function normally.

I also have the optional wiring harness for easier install.

I'm not sure if the setup works for the pre-2011s, but it very well might.

EDIT: SOLD TO AUTOXRACER

Last edited:

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
My JPC MagXL swap is on the way! Along with an RXT and lightened steel FW.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Guess what I just finished up?

2013-02-28_20-21-41_682_zps063dce10.jpg

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
you will always add more, buy one clutch and you wont need to upgrade ever again. Kinda like injectors.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I may do that. Just wasn't sure if it was worth the extra money at my stage.

RST is a nice clutch. The difference between it and the RXT is the friction material. The organic disks in an RST allow for normal clutch engagement.

I haven't had my RST slip yet unless I was slipping it with my foot on purpose.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
RST is a nice clutch. The difference between it and the RXT is the friction material. The organic disks in an RST allow for normal clutch engagement.

This. RXT has ceramic material, otherwise the clutches are identical. The organic RST is more than plenty for my future plans. Heck, if organic material is good enough for the brakes on my 27,000 truck then it will work fine for the clutch in my lil race car.

I'm ordering mine next week and will be getting the RST. Eric at JPC said the RST is backordered right now but they are shipping them out as fast as they can make them. He suggested that I should expect about a 2 week delay on the entire package due to the clutch.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
My future plans go beyond the RST, but you're right, it still is a VERY nice clutch.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Brian, the issue with the RST is that it won't handle the heat!!
Knowing that you actually use (race) your car, you will want the RXT. Talk to Lee at McLeod.
Also make sure you get your clutch and flywheel directly from McLeod so they can spec it out.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Gerald, what exactly do you mean by "spec it out"?
The package deal from JPC represents a substantial savings over buying the clutch and driveshaft separately from the transmission.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Hey Brian, the issue with the RST is that it won't handle the heat!!
Knowing that you actually use (race) your car, you will want the RXT. Talk to Lee at McLeod.
Also make sure you get your clutch and flywheel directly from McLeod so they can spec it out.

That hasn't been the case for me or many others on this forum. I've made as many as 14 passes in an evening with no issues.

Back