TSW center caps, front hub interference. Solutions?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
What have you done while using TSW wheels with the front hub cap that interfere wheel center caps?

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Which wheels are they? I've sold a few sets on some mustangs and never had a issues with them. Are the hub caps not the stock ones?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
medega6a.jpg

Nurburgring RF 19x9.5

Enviado desde mi MotoX

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
All I did with mine was take a ball peen hammer to the center part and bend them down enough for the center caps to fit. That was about 28k miles ago.

All it is is a dust/water cover for the bearings. You won't hurt anything by bending them in a bit.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Lol, was hoping a flatter replacement cap or something else, brute force was my first choice but wanted to look for options. The only time I played with a hub in these cars, I don't remember how much the spindle comes out.

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
I just push them in as far as they will go and level it in the wheel. They stay in place like that.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Lol, was hoping a flatter replacement cap or something else, brute force was my first choice but wanted to look for options. The only time I played with a hub in these cars, I don't remember how much the spindle comes out.

Plenty of clearance.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Lito, on my tsw nurburgrings I ran into the same issue. My solution was to grind out the backing plate of the center cap with a dremmel. This provided enough clearance to install the caps.

Stetler17

forum member
Reaction score
Lito, on my tsw nurburgrings I ran into the same issue. My solution was to grind out the backing plate of the center cap with a dremmel. This provided enough clearance to install the caps.

+1. When using TSW rear wheel fitment on the front I had the same issue. Mine weren't Nurburings, but the interference looks to be about the same.

If this isn't quite enough clearance, then the BFH should finish it off.

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Lito: Had my front wheel off today to check clearance for my full size spare. Here is a pic of the back of the TSW center cap that I ground out to clear the dust cap.
o8do5e.jpg

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you, haven't done anything with the car since, still waiting on the machinist so haven not even moved it, probably will check that next wee.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back