Tune only 15 Ecoboost great Torque!!!

JustSpeed7

Reaction score
Sorry guys was busy running errands today but yes just like mentioned previously the way the powerband is on this car its a blast to drive on the street at the track it's hard to launch without babying out the whole and granny shifting into second or else I'll spin and get some serious wheel hop so next up is going to be DRs for sure! My first outing on the stock tires I had a best of a 13.5 with a 2.0 60ft at 104.8 MPH.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
The peak torque down low is why I like this car in an auto. For a DD it would be quite fun.

That's what I was thinking too. Most of the reason I love the GT500 is because of the instant power in the low RPMs. That's where we drive and will enjoy it the most on the street.

Hell, if you have the same gears I do, you know if we whine it out in 1st and 2nd, we are over 100 mph at the top of 2nd. That shit just gets you in trouble. Grunt down low is fun and keeps me out of county jail. LOL

Sorry guys was busy running errands today but yes just like mentioned previously the way the powerband is on this car its a blast to drive on the street at the track it's hard to launch without babying out the whole and granny shifting into second or else I'll spin and get some serious wheel hop so next up is going to be DRs for sure! My first outing on the stock tires I had a best of a 13.5 with a 2.0 60ft at 104.8 MPH.

That's pretty cool. I would put money on some DR's and a little bit of seat time and you will be laying down 12.9' really soon.

Just to give you a little prospective, your car has more power and a better ET than my 2007 GT off the showroom floor. It was a 13.8-13.9 car with about 265 rwhp and 245 rwtq. I spent serious cash on CAI, tune, gears, exhaust, under-drive pulley, and DR's, just to get consistent 13.5's to occasional 13.4's. Technology improvements have been amazing.

Last edited:

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
SW on the market!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q3XH48vrqg

Would like to see what the power gains were.
Yeah figured, catless 3" DP to 2.5" straight through muffler design. Makes the most sense keeping twin tips. Doesn't sound half bad either. Maybe a little rasp up top but could also be the video. I still say this design will make the most power besides doing a 3" all the way back converting to single exit. But we'll probably have minimal difference between the two anyway. I'm still calling 35-45whp with a tune and same for torque increase. I bet 30whp with a tune just on the DP no cat.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The other thing is that was on a manual car, wonder how it will sound on the automatic; when I had Stingers on my 2010 it droaned horribly 45-55 mph with the automatic but manual guys said it was not that bad.

I know you said 30 hp with tune but they are getting a lot more tq with just a tune, wonder how the exhaust will affect the tq?

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
The other thing is that was on a manual car, wonder how it will sound on the automatic; when I had Stingers on my 2010 it droaned horribly 45-55 mph with the automatic but manual guys said it was not that bad.

I know you said 30 hp with tune but they are getting a lot more tq with just a tune, wonder how the exhaust will affect the tq?
I see what your saying, I think the TQ curve will change with that exhaust. I would expect more HP higher in the curve and may sacrifice a little lower/mid range TQ then increase before it falls off

Last edited:

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score

Forgive me I did this on my phone real quick with my finger but something like this perhaps.

This is me just speculating with my personal past 4 cylinder turbo vehicles. Keep in mind in those days I didn't have direct injection or twin scroll turbos. But below was the typical trade off with larger diameter free flowing exhaust in a turbo 4. It may not be what you want if you don't care about increasing you overall top end power depending on your application.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You know....the more I read about it.....hmm...would be a hell of a lot cheaper than a GTR but a lot slower as well.

Curious to see what the Airaid CAI, either SW or Unleashed's down pipe and the SW exhaust does for power?

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
You know....the more I read about it.....hmm...would be a hell of a lot cheaper than a GTR but a lot slower as well.

Curious to see what the Airaid CAI, either SW or Unleashed's down pipe and the SW exhaust does for power?

Torrie seems like he will be killing it in the Mustang ecoboost market. That is awesome. It was a nice right up. I like guys that really get involved in the community.

Shouldn't be too long now that we start seeing the results. Probably have to keep a close eye on the 6G forum.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
What's nice about it the it's you could be on the forefront of a brand new platform. It could be more interesting for you. Even though it's slower a lot of things haven't been done before and you could be involved. Especially if you have GTR money. Just a thought...

nola504boy

forum member
Reaction score
Y'all know what Carrol Shelby said....Horsepower sells cars,Torque wins races! Nothing like torque that's why I love nitrous, instant torque.

The local shop that's doing my car has a 6 cylinder making over 1000hp. It's called the killer 6 (limitless performance fabrication). Check out their 6 cylinder car. They have some nasty 6 cylinders cars out here on the streets.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Aint that the truth. Former member here had a TT 6 cyl Mustang that ran 10.4's. Spanked the smirk off the face of many a Vette owners.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I think any lower model car outrunning a higher model anything is always fun.
But at the end of the day no matter how many cylinders, he who has the most money wins.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
SW on the market!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q3XH48vrqg

Would like to see what the power gains were.

Yeah figured, catless 3" DP to 2.5" straight through muffler design. Makes the most sense keeping twin tips. Doesn't sound half bad either. Maybe a little rasp up top but could also be the video. I still say this design will make the most power besides doing a 3" all the way back converting to single exit. But we'll probably have minimal difference between the two anyway. I'm still calling 35-45whp with a tune and same for torque increase. I bet 30whp with a tune just on the DP no cat.

Chambered mufflers for a turbo car? Not sure why they went that route.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back