Tuner problem

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a tuner with 3 custom tunes. When I went to load the tunes there was only one. I emailed the tuner and ask why there wasn't 3 tunes. He said since I ordered a 93 performance, 92 performance, 91 performance there was no need to make 3 separate tunes. What does everybody think about this.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not tech... to chit chat

92 never heard of getting tuned for that, a 91 and 93 make sense, he should have included both IMHO and told you 92 didnt make sense and offered you a different tune.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a tuner with 3 custom tunes. When I went to load the tunes there was only one. I emailed the tuner and ask why there wasn't 3 tunes. He said since I ordered a 93 performance, 92 performance, 91 performance there was no need to make 3 separate tunes. What does everybody think about this.

i don't see why you would order three almost identical tunes either. there's not a lot of difference there in what you asked for. you should have probably just asked for a 93 tune, and perhaps a 91 and a 87 in case you get caught somewhere that 93 octane isn't available. or just figure out how much global timing to remove according that the grade of gas available.

i think the 93 performance, torque and race stuff is just a marketing gimmick...imho

Eric Brooks

forum member
Reaction score
At most 2 degrees timing difference between the two. The knock sensor can handle that.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
There is no difference between those three tunes. The difference will be adjusted by the knock sensors. Any tuner that loads those tunes is just renaming the same file. Like I told him in a PM, he should just get different tunes like a mileage tune or something along those lines.

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score
There is no difference between those three tunes. The difference will be adjusted by the knock sensors. Any tuner that loads those tunes is just renaming the same file. Like I told him in a PM, he should just get different tunes like a mileage tune or something along those lines.
I sent them a email! I sure they will do there best to help me out.
Thanks Ryan

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back