Tuning Control Pack with SCT

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble getting a tune loaded on my control pack PCM (2015 style part number 504V).

I bought the PRP from Don LaSota along with a base tune. This past Monday I try to flash the base tune so I can start data logging and monkeying with the MAF/spark tables and my Livewire TS+ gave me an error:

"Download Failed - Error# 110d4 Failure to write data to vehicle. Please use ReturnStock to put vehicle back to original state."

Unfortunately, this is a brand new control pack PCM, has never been tuned, and the Livewire does not present any option to Return it to stock because it was never tuned. I hopped on the phone with SCT Tuesday morning, spent an hour working with tech support who came to the conclusion there must be something funky with my Livewire tuner (he even tried making a brand new tune for my PCM strategy just to ensure it wasn't a problem with my LaSota base tune - it wasn't). I sent it back to them, they turned around and shipped me a new Livewire the very next day (which was awesome btw, thank you SCT), it arrived at my house this afternoon and gave me the exact same error.

The livewire that I sent in for service worked flawlessly on my 4.6L 3V (yes I returned to stock and unmarried it before I did my engine swap) and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the new unit SCT sent me was probably good as well (FW updated on both units). I'm tempted to think this has something to do with an existing tune FRPP placed on top of the control pack PCM that is screwing things up but I'm open to other options.

Has anyone seen this error before or been able to tune using this control pack?

Thanks,
Austin

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Just a guess here but are you sure the frpp ecu has a tune on it as received? Does frpp have any specific instructions for loading a tune onto the control pack?

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
Just outta curiosity, and slightly off-topic, can you pass emissions obd2 scan with a control pack from FRPP?

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
To Bruce-

The control pack does have a tune from FRPP and they don't list any instructions for how to tune them. That said, the absence of available instructions is not, in itself, an indication that they haven't somehow put roadblocks in place beyond a normal mustang PCM to make life unnecessarily more difficult. They seem to have gone out of there way to accomplish that on this one...

To Fosters - I was hopeful that the emissions systems would simply show "not present" because FRPP designed the control pack without them. In Texas you can usually pass if it looks like the car never had a particular feature to begin with. That said, I stopped in at an inspection shop and show 3 "not ready":

O2 heater, O2 sensor, and "Fuel" which I believe is EVAP. You can have 1 system not ready and still pass so I have wired the rear O2 sensors back into the PCM and I'm hoping I can them back on in the tune so I can pass.

Will be on phone with SCT and FR tech Monday we'll see what we can make happen.

Thanks,
Austin

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back