Turbo vs. Nitrous

merk

forum member
Reaction score
LOL. You leave the bottle in all the time?

merk

forum member
Reaction score
U run the same tune then all the time right? Remote bottle opener? Sorry for the hijack

james432

forum member
Reaction score
Yea im on a vmp 93 n2o tune...no bottle opener beside the girlfriend she jumps out real fast at stop light lol...im planning on getting one here soon though...

merk

forum member
Reaction score
LOL nice. Im thinking about NO2 as well. Just want to be able to use it in a moment notice.Basically be able to flip a couple switches and spray and not have to worry about turning on the bottle or removing it all the time, switching tune etc. It would only be a 75 shot so.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
With nitrous, it's easy to forget about all the other things you'll need on top of the kit to make it safe and effective:

- Bottle heater
- Window switch
- WOT switch (if not included)

Also, you need to think about the cost of ownership over a few years. With a turbo, it never needs "refilling". It's always there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
So with nitrous do you run two tunes? If so how do you switch between them, just hook up the tuner or is there another way?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

merk

forum member
Reaction score
Ya I would buy the remote opener and heater as well as a window switch. I wont use it alot just for the occasional back road blast.

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
Mines in the car from spring to winter. I have remote bottle opener, auto heater. I may have sprayed a time or two. But 335 width tires pretty much solve most of my traction issues from a 2nd gear roll. I dial my progressor down on the street as well to hook. It's almost like building boost in the first gear you roll into but then full boost the rest of the gears lol. The bottle also seems to go through it very very fast while using it on the street for a little fun here or there. Bottle is allowed to be in the car here but not hooked up.

Good thing my bottle is down here.

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

Then my engine bay looks like this...
IMG_3073.jpg

Cant see a thing with the cover on...

IMG_3077.jpg

Last edited:

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Mines in the car from spring to winter. I have remote bottle opener, auto heater. I may have sprayed a time or two. But 335 width tires pretty much solve most of my traction issues from a 2nd gear roll. I dial my progressor down on the street as well to hook. It's almost like building boost in the first gear you roll into but then full boost the rest of the gears lol. The bottle also seems to go through it very very fast while using it on the street for a little fun here or there. Bottle is allowed to be in the car here but not hooked up.

Good thing my bottle is down here.

Then my engine bay looks like this...

Cant see a thing with the cover on...
Man, that is nice. I doubt any cop would know you're running nitrous. How are your switches inside setup?

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of either going with a nx wet kit or zex. Nitrous scares me, blew up both my 5.0 coupes lol. Had sc in my cobra for years no issues. But sc kits and turbo kits are kinda pricey for 2005-2010 cars IMO. I can get a used n20 on here for 500-700$ use it when I want turn it off when I don't want. I am confused on the tune though? Do I run a normal 93 oct tune for street and daily use? Then Get another tune on my sct for n20 then switch from na tune to n20 tune when it's race time???

james432

forum member
Reaction score
I have a dybo tune multi function control ill sell u for 100 shipped its onlu been used for like two mo and ran probley 10 times..

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
So with nitrous do you run two tunes? If so how do you switch between them, just hook up the tuner or is there another way?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I have run a 100 shot on a bama 93 street tune with no issues. but I only did this a few times. eventually got 1 heat range colder plugs.

now I run a bama 93 race set up for 100 shot. however on that one I pull 1 degree and run a 125 shot. but as I said earlier I rarely ever spray on the street and I swap tunes at the track.

Nitro Dave

forum member
Reaction score
And bottles get expensive to fill! And like what was said
The turbo is always there .

Yea but if you do your math. Even with filling the bottle's Nitrous is still a bigger bang for your buck. Most people will never even come close to paying for a good complete turbo package with the expense of filling the bottle.

Nitro Dave

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of either going with a nx wet kit or zex. Nitrous scares me, blew up both my 5.0 coupes lol. Had sc in my cobra for years no issues. But sc kits and turbo kits are kinda pricey for 2005-2010 cars IMO. I can get a used n20 on here for 500-700$ use it when I want turn it off when I don't want. I am confused on the tune though? Do I run a normal 93 oct tune for street and daily use? Then Get another tune on my sct for n20 then switch from na tune to n20 tune when it's race time???

Nitrous Sacres you? Thats an even better reason to use Nitrous Outlet. Not one of the companys you just mentioned can compete with our quality or technical support. Technical support and platform knowledge is very important if you want to do it safely and correctly. :) Expect to spend a 1000-1500 to do it correctly..
Dave

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Nitrous Sacres you? Thats an even better reason to use Nitrous Outlet. Not one of the companys you just mentioned can compete with our quality or technical support. Technical support and platform knowledge is very important if you want to do it safely and correctly. :) Expect to spend a 1000-1500 to do it correctly..
Dave
Sorry man... Nitrous is risky. I've seen more nitrous mishaps than other forms of "FI". There are a lot of electronics and a lot of variables involved. Nitrous breaks engines quite a bit. All you have to do is search.

merk

forum member
Reaction score
Nitrous is just as safe as any other form of power adder IF done correctly. This is key. Just slapping a 100 shot on a otherwise stock 3V is asking for a problem.

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
The problem with nitrous is companies that will throw a $300 kit someones way and don't give any advice about how to hook it up, what fuel support is needed, what safety features you should run with it, and skimp on the quality of the product. The problem is that you can get a 400 system on your car and run it without adding anything else but don't expect it to last long.

The two biggest overseen problems that i see when people call in is that they do not realize what their fuel system is good for. The other big problem that I see that customers are mislead about is that spark plugs can make or break a combo. Its over looked a lot in the 3v because they are expensive to replace and can difficult to remove.

With the ford we love the ability to mail order tune. Its great for if you are adding a JLT and delete plates or getting a bolt on race tune but how many people expect to do a mail order tune on a power adder. I have never even considered it on any of my mustangs. Yeah they can be dialed in pretty close but what happens if you have a hot cylinder. Your wide band can be reading great but could be having a problem with just one cylinder and melt down a piston. Learning to read spark plugs is a great tuning tool with any set up turbo, s/c, nitrous and n/a. I can point you guys into how to read plugs if anyone is interested. Nitrous should be treated like any other power adder. Install all the necessary options, get it tuned and have fun with it.

james432

forum member
Reaction score
Im on a vmp email 100 shot 93 tune with one step colder plug and its been three years no problem have also ran a bama 91 100 shot email tune no problems..email tunes on spray cant not be that bad i been though alot of bottles i mean alotttt...i also check the plugs alot too...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back