Tvs is installed!!! Omfg!!!

Boozshey

Reaction score
So I headed out this morning to make my way over to Deltona and meet up with Justin at VMP. Got there about 10am, pulled the car up on the dyno to get a base line. After that work began and we went to town installing all my newly acquired parts.

Installed today was:
FRPP 80LB Injectors
Metco Idler Pulley
15% ATI Overdrive Pulley
TR6 Spark-Plugs
EGR Delete

During the first pull the tune wasn't right so it was shut down early and tune was updated.
First Pull: 652hp/654tq

Second pull a lot better but now was spinning on the dyno. A couple adjustments to the straps a couple changes to the tune and it was time again.
Second Pull: 646hp/698tq

Third pull all better. No slip of the tires, tune was better.
Third Pull: 671hp/682tq

That is an increase of 105hp and 125tq. Then came the bad news... Fuels pumps are MAXED!!! So plan is to add a DBAP and should be over 700...

17.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All right---thats enough power for solid 10.00s, depending on the car weight.

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice! Amazing how easy it is to make stupid power using essentially 'bolt ons' huh...

Am I reading that right? You're running it at almost 20lbs of boost.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Yes nearly 20lbs.

Man it's insane that's all I can say. I wasn't able to really get on it to hard last night. It was all city driving at night and cops were everywhere. I could hit 100+ in a matter of seconds before and didn't need to go to jail. So I will take her out to "mexico" and test her out.

But the few times I did stab it... holy shit.

75% Throttle feels like the old car. WOT literally stuck me to my seat.

Justin00Stang

Reaction score
With 4.10s that car has got to be insane. Best part is we're not even done yet, with some fuel upgrades and tweaking it will be more of a monster.

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I ended up going whipple because, at the time, they still wanted $5K for the TVS. $5K 2.3L vs $3,500 2.9L... It's awesome VMP has been able to do so much with the TVS, and amazing they still sell it for the price they do!

I'm also really intrigued by your setup. Most tuners wouldn't like seeing that mch boost on pump gas... But what's more interesting to me is that is high HP numbers given your modest setup.

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
I think you're getting out of the efficiency range of the TVS at 20lbs. Isn't it's sweet spot closer to 15-16? Where as a 2.8l (2.9L, 3.4L, 3.6L, etc)'s range doesn't start til 18 and up....

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for the noob questions but since your fuel pumps are maxed out you aren't sending the optimal amount of fuel to your engine right? And if you upgrade the fuel pump to one that sends more fuel would you see more power since you are sending out the right amount of fuel to the engine?

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
^^ perhaps...depends on several things. Fuel pumps are considered maxed once they're operating above a certain percentage of their max volume (not necessarily 100%). Also, the fuel pumps themselves aren't maxed out, they are just receiving the max amount of voltage the stock computer will give them. Adding something like a boost-a-pump increases the amount of voltage the pump receives...essentially enabling the pump to be able to pump up to 50% more fuel. Also, he probably isn't running out of fuel across the whole RPM range, just above a certain level.

When I ran into this issue, I only started running lean above 5,600 RPM. Below that I was good to go. After I added a boost-a-pump to my system, I now have room to grow if I want to.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back