Twin Twins

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
hazmatsuit_zps1f42cf5a.jpg

Thanks, Jim.
I've put this on now...for one reason or another!

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Project is on hold while I wait for parts to be shipped from S&H. Can't do much more without some pipes and various couplers and clamps. 1+ month turnaround is ridiculous..trying to 'find a box to ship parts in'..for a whole week, or two weeks now...c'mon, guys. This project needs to get finished up.

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
No that isnt how it is at all. Yes your y pipe was done but leos down pipes were not because we had to order some flanges and o2s to finish his up. There was no reason to make two different shipments when they would be a week apart expecially seance i am the one covering shipping. Also i have been working double shifts all week and my schedudle is very hectic right now. My father just finised coating them on tuesday or wed and i thought i had a box for them but it was about 4 " too short. I am headed to fedex today to to send them off in just a few and will send you tracking asap. You will have the stuff by next wed. Sorry again for the delay.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Ya you betcha! I'm trying to get out of here and move to TX or AZ. The wife is more on board with AZ.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
..just keep that cold crap up north! Although, I'm ready for the next cold snap, as the industrial kerosene heater is filled and ready. Hope to not need it anytime soon, though.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Been working on some things for a few days this week.
Completed the exhaust piping changes. Fabbed up the proper angles at the turbo outlets, to the piping going back. Also added some supplemental hangers to help support the weight of the piping and turbos.

Got some of the cold side into place, the section from the i/c to the t/b. That took some major finagling, too, as the '05/06 external thermostat and hoses were in the way with the pipes that are provided. The t/b end of the pipe is at a weird angle toward the engine, such that the coupler to the t/b is not square on it. Also, for some reason, with the FRPP intake manifold and a GT500 radiator fan, the 90* t/b coupler was too long. Had to trim about 1" off the t/b end to get it to fit into place.
And, to make for better positioning of the pipe overall, I managed to move the t-stat housing over toward the fender a little, which helped quite a bit. Had I not done that, there is no way the pipe would have been able to rest in position without firm contact on hoses, if it would fit at all.
There was one orientation of the 90* piping from the i/c where it looked like things would fit better, but that would take an extra 3" of pipe length on the i/c end of the 90* pipe, so that it would allow the other pipe to get more into a better angle and position.
It's in place, but I'm not real happy with how all the angles are. I might make that 3" extension and make it fit better.

In a quick mock-up test of the bov pipe, it is not going to mate up properly with my y-pipe coming over the steering rack. This is probably due to how the y pipe comes over the steering rack farther than it is supposed to, and as such, is too long (due to how I oriented the turbos for the 4r70). I'll figure that out, too, and if I need to remove or add some length somewhere, will do it.

Otherwise I'm ready to make and route the cooling lines. Needed a couple other fittings before I do that.

There is light at the end of the tunnel..I can see it! Still a lot of little things to wrap up, not all of them part of the turbo install, but things I am doing at the same time.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Almost there! Need some pics once its all together!

Yeah it you have an aftermarket manifold/tb setup it throws the angle of the tb pipe off some, I did a little finagling to make it work with my jpc intake as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back