UCA Mount Question

Blownup5.0

Reaction score
I have a 06 GT 5 speed. I have a vibration that starts at 80mph. I have adjusted the pinion angle a couple of times and it has gotten better. Right now I have it set a -2*'s. I have a 1-piece driveshaft, adj uca with adjustable uca mount. Should I try taking 1 more degree out or should I try using a diff. mounting spot on the uca mount? The car is slightly lowered with Cobra Jet springs.

Thanks for any help.

danbev07

Road Course Junkie
Reaction score
Have you already tried unbolting the driveshaft and rotating it 90/180* and bolting back into place? I hear this sometimes fixes vibration issues.

Blownup5.0

Reaction score
Yeah i tried that. I'm pretty sure its a pinion angle prob though. When I first put the 1-piece driveshaft in it had a real bad vibration and I have kept playing with the pinion angle and have gotten it better but I can't seem to get the vibration to go away. It vibrates on and off the gas at 80mph and above.

Blownup5.0

Reaction score
Also, I have Metco adj uca, BMR adj uca mount, Metco non adj lca's and Metco adj lca relocation brackets. What holes should I be using in the uca mount and the lca relocation brakets. I have the lca's in the lowest setting and the uca in the lower setting right now I think. I'll have to double check.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Standard or auto ? Most say 1-2* for auto 2-3* stick car ......It may just need a little more in her to get the vibe out . Which D/S are you running ? It may just be bad luck and have a D/S that needs to be rebalanced . I personally would try adjusting the angle again though . Look at the sticky up top for tons more info !

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i used a -3 on my manual and solved all issues

UrbanRedneck

Reaction score
If the car is only lowered a little you should be in the higher hole in the LCA brackets unless you want a real aggressive LCA angle for launching but at the cost of ride quality. I am not sure about the UCA though.

What driveshaft is it? I agree with considering the possibility of having it checked for balance.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back