underdrive pulleys

WELLS

forum member
Reaction score
Has any one had any problems with them on their s197? I used to have them on my 02 ss camaro and it ran like shit at stoplights and when first starting. Sometimes it even died out at stoplights. any troubles like that or should I be good to put them on.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How would underdrive pulleys make a vehicle run bad?

To answer your question, I don't know of anyone having any issues with them in the 4 years the S197s have been out

WELLS

forum member
Reaction score
after I put them on it must have thrown off the alternator and would die out.

WELLS

forum member
Reaction score
but again that was an ls1. and I had lots of problems with it mostly the good ole gm pushrods .

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ive been running mine down here in the southern heat never had any problems and actually im still running them now on my turbo setup fwiw im using the steeda 1's but they are basicly all the same

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score
I put on a set of Steeda UDP's in June, not one issue, put about 3,000 miles on since then.

The only issue would be if you had a huge electrical demand, like an insane stereo system (then again you wouldn't be on here, you'd be on mustangforums!!!)

So go ahead, and get 'em!

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've had my Steeda Pulley's on since February of 07. I haven't had a single problem with them yet, and I live in Texas. Just throw the stuff on, you'll be fine.

Back