Upcoming Atco events

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
The turbo one is Paul(againstallodds1). It wasn't running right after he changed his wastegate spring. Normally it would run 10.20's the way he was set-up.

Fords always do better since there isn't a large Buick turnout. It also seems that the majority of Buick driver's aren't regulars at the track so they don't have good reaction times which greatly hurts them.

Hopefully this coming weekend I'll be putting my 4r70W trans in and I'm hoping my car will be running 10.6-10.5's after that. Hard to tell since I think I shift pretty well and that will determine how much I gain from putting the auto in.

topbliss

Reaction score
me being a Buick and a Mustang guy I can def tell you the issue is the diminishing GN's out there. The guys who raced yesterday most certainly are racers for many years. I would be willing to bet the average age of the Buick guys is older then the Ford guys and have more years racing.. Also those damn turbo 6's are so hard to launch consistly.. Ford always wins for the last decade or so anyway so I would expect this to continue. I remember in the old days this event was huge and attracted guys from all over the county. The fast Buick guys(as well as the Ford) guys were not there yesterday. I don't think this event will make it many more years..

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hard to keep an event like this when one name plate made its last performance car 20+ years ago.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back