Upcoming dyno tune, need input

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
So next month I am dropping my car off to have it dyno tuned. I am lucky enough to have two pretty well known mustang performance shops right in my own back yard. So I picked one and made an appointment. I felt that I read good things about both shops and my decision came down to simple communication. The first one I reached out to via email the tuner/owner responded back right away and answered all my questions and made me feel very comfortable with leaving my vehicle with him. That right there earned him my business I didn't even bother reaching out to the other shop. I left names out of this bc a debate between the two isn't what I'm looking for. But anyhow, the reason for this thread is currently all I have ran are Bama 93R tunes. My first was just for stock pretty much. All I had was the Roush air box and axle backs. Then another when I added my LT's and ORX. I haven't been unhappy with either but I have nothing to compare it to. The car has never seen a dyno or the track before. So the question here is do I even want to know what the Bama tune pulls on the dyno before the custom tune starts? I'm not looking to knock Bama in any way, and I think what they offer has value, but I strongly believe an on dyno tune will trump almost any email tune when it's all said and done with a professional that knows mustangs behind the laptop every time. But I don't want to feel like I need to chase a number and I don't want the tuner to either. I just want the best overall tune for my motor I can get throughout the power band. So is it even worth knowing what the Bama tune puts down? Or should I just say fuck it. I know the number is just that, a number, and there is a chance it may pull a higher peak number but not best throughout the curve. And I feel most would rather have the best overall tune then just a higher peak to show off because that's all it may be good for. And after talking to the tuner I know he isn't a number chase either. He will spend the time to make sure I'm looking at the best over all performance I can get. I had cars and tuners in the past that all they did was chase the highest number and hit print but everywhere else was shit. Well I talked enough, what do you guys think? Would you want a side by side to compare? Would you even put them in the same category for comparison?

Sent from my HTC One M8

Last edited:

msczesny1186

forum member
Reaction score
I would put a fresh set of plugs in if you haven't changed them in a while. When I had my new dyno tune done, they did a pull with the dyno tune I had from another shop and then did their own tuning for comparison.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back