Volk Racing Wheels

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Japan manufacturer and about as light as a feather. I have a nice salesman working with me on a wheel tire package. I'm tossing between two things are a hurdle right now that I am working to get over ONE is a really BIG one....

1. What model rim/tire package. I really like more than one style.
2. It says JAPAN in big fucking letters in the forging....

Please post you comments. It would be great if you could post up your experience with them.

I am looking at "High End" Froged wheels now. I want a lightweight street streetworthy wheel and I think that will come at a big cost.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
I know I drive a Japanese car but those wheels are one of the best you can buy. They also have great designs and anyone that knows anything about aftermarket parts that actually help will know Volk. I will post up a video of there process after I find it again. It is pretty cool to see what goes into making a rim.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Volk wheels FTW. I have considered getting some for my mustang. I had the TE37's on my previous car and LOVED them. I always thought that the new RE30 would look BITCHIN on the new mustangs. I dunno though. You should check out the GTS or the new GTM.

Heres the GTS:
1296.jpg

Heres the new GTM:
1297.jpg

And here is the RE30. This is the wheel I am looking into:
1284.jpg

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a quick photochop I did with the RE30 wheels. I gave the rears a little bit bigger of a lip for the offset look.

Original:
newmustang5.jpg

And the chop:
volknewmustang.jpg

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The air filter says England. The new Shelby wheels that are so popular are made in China. What is your point?

In my view a Mustang is an N. American icon of sorts combined with my age group/pals I run with we are made in usa type of guys. The wheels say in a large font Japan and I got shit for it from a few already because of our longstanding union history in the workplace....

When our plant was on strike in the eighties we had bumper stickers that said.."Hungry? eat your foriegn car" that's the jest of it.

BTW "Welcome" glad I got a first post out of you.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty cool video. And by the way, next time any one has their head up under the dash, don't let any of the Chinese components hit you on the head. I think everything under there says "Made in China".

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back