Vortech Supercharged 3V Track Preparation?

Bossmustang16

3v to 4v
Reaction score
Just recently switched from nitrous to a Vortech V-2 supercharger kit. As far as getting it ready to throw down at the track what are some good mods to do for it? specific models of products as well would help. I want the blower to be just as fast or faster then the nitrous setup..
I already have n2mb wot box.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Got tires?
Maybe some adjustable shocks/struts
BMR relocation brackets, control arms.
Front sway bar delete etc...

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What boost level? Manual or auto? The car will not leave like it did with spray, it will leave softer, so you will most likely need to make some suspension adjustments.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
If you want it to leave hard at all, you'll want 4.10+ gears. Centri blowers need a lot of RPM to get into boost.

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Should have kept the spray......lol....

Loved ur car on it.....

.in my past experience the boost is lazy off the go....once the boost kicks in its pulling hard...shifting is going to be key and keeping the boost up.....I never figured out a way to build boost per say off the line but have read where some guys have done it....even then they seem lazy off the go.....its the tq difference....from nitrous to centri blowers u will miss the most.....on ur dyno curve now from the spray I would assume tq is almost instant. ...u want reach max tq till ur redlining with the blower..

On the street its going to be alot more fun imo for everyday driving and sound....but the track is going to be different and I dont know of anything to help....except an auto which I know u want do.....everything else u already have.....

Now a centri blower threw an auto where u technically dont see a loss of boost between shifts would be awesome.....

Last edited:

Bossmustang16

3v to 4v
Reaction score

Loved ur car on it.....

.in my past experience the boost is lazy off the go....once the boost kicks in its pulling hard...shifting is going to be key and keeping the boost up.....I never figured out a way to build boost per say off the line but have read where some guys have done it....even then they seem lazy off the go.....its the tq difference....from nitrous to centri blowers u will miss the most.....on ur dyno curve now from the spray I would assume tq is almost instant. ...u want reach max tq till ur redlining with the blower..

On the street its going to be alot more fun imo for everyday driving and sound....but the track is going to be different and I dont know of anything to help....except an auto which I know u want do.....everything else u already have.....

Now a centri blower threw an auto where u technically dont see a loss of boost between shifts would be awesome.....

Are you from around here? you've seen my car? and thanks man. Everybody says with the two step you can build full boost off the line and with the no lift shift its supposed to hold boost through the shifts..

Bossmustang16

3v to 4v
Reaction score

Loved ur car on it.....

ohhhh robbie!! whats up dude! haha

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your other option with a centri is to use a smaller pulley, for more boost down low and use a waste gate setup to limit total boost. I don't know if that would put you out of the efficiency range of the V3.

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Your other option with a centri is to use a smaller pulley, for more boost down low and use a waste gate setup to limit total boost. I don't know if that would put you out of the efficiency range of the V3.

I remember reading sometime ago about someone using a waste gate on a centri blower how effective is that?

mach828

forum member
Reaction score
The centris like to spin off the line to get good times. I'm pulling low 1.6s with 3.55 gears and 28" tires. This season I think I can pull off a 1.5.

Key is to let it spin off the line and slip the clutch a lot. High rpm launch, clutch slip, and a little tire spin. Keep the tires at a slightly higher pressure if you need to.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back