Wanted: Pics of Vortech/Paxton draw thru DIY power pipe

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody have any pics of it done with the slot style MAF? I guess the biggest thing is I am looking for how far the bypass recirculation tube going to the suction of the blower is from the MAF. I am wanting to do this and want to prevent MAF signal distortion. I have found the threads with pics of blow thru set ups with DIY power pipes, and that is not what I am looking for.

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
That wouldn't work with the bypass, the recirculation tube needs to be where the MAF slot is.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
It's pretty hard to improve on the Paxton/Vortech draw through. The reason is because of backwash from the blower to the maf. Even with the sharp bend it's still difficult to get a decent maf xfer for anything but wot because of the backwash. The 180 bend helps but even then it doesn't solve the problem. A straighter draw through pipe would be very difficult to tune for driveability unless it was converted to blow through.

Lito did several tests with different maf locations and air straighteners. IIRC they involved blow through applications but it's still good reference material to see how maf placement affects signal quality. It should turn up with a search.

Cliffs notes: A straighter pipe will only work with a blow through application.

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
BruceH, I have read several threads that he talks about both setups, and it sounds like if properly setup DT would be fine. But as stated MAF placement is key.

555, I have found that and other diy setups that are BT, I am noncooled on meth injection so BT is a no go.

I guess the real question would be:
How far does the MAF need to be from the recirculation tube in a 4" or (3.75" to reuse Vortechs MAF housing) intake to minimize MAF backwash?
and What size pulley is too small causing more recirculation than said size intake can handle?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back