Wanted: Your thoughts on underdrive pulleys

1BigDog

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about some final mods to my 07 GT convertible to compliment what I have already done this past year. Car has a 5 speed automatic and 3:31 gears. Have had a FRPP CAI along with Brenspeed Detroit Rocker cams installed along with Brisk 1 piece spark plugs and Flowmaster mufflers. I wont mention all the underhood bling as it does not relate to HP gain.
LaMotta Performance in Longwood FL also dyno tuned it (93) resulting in 276 RWHP and 296 ft lbs of torque. Since I wish to remain N/A and dont want to or can afford to dump tons of money into a 4.6 (Supercharging/turbo)I was looking at some smaller mods to finish her off. 3:73's are a possibility in the future. Another consideration to gain some available hp increase would be using underdrive pulleys. What I am looking for here are thoughts on this. Best ones to use? Any issues with this mod? Pros, cons? Worth doing it? I looked through some of the searches here and I would like some more opinions. I had considered the Steeda pulleys but in doing the search here I see where they too had some issues.

Thanks.....

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
When I first bought my car, I dyno'd it within a day and before I started any modifications. The first one I did was the Steeda Underdrives. No problem with the installation and re-dyno'd it.

Only gained me 3 HP, but I left them on anyway. The next day I began the installation of my original Hellion Turbo kit.

Let your pocketbook be your guide.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
I think an electric H20 pump will net more gains, not sure, both are minimal anyway.

LT's are way more expensive but are worth a few more Hp's, but will aid your cams too.

Just do a research and check gains vs $$ spent. NA in a 3V is expensive :(

Just DON'T buy another TB, the stocker is enough for your goals.

Wlkn Tal

forum member
Reaction score
My first go round was:
UDP, MDP, Cam's, ORX pipe, FRPP axel backs & Steeda CAI, got me 325RWHP and 335 tq. You can find these type parts used.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back