Website

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I found it a little confusing at first but after a minute or two looking around and actually reading the words it was easy to navigate.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had a customer buy cam phaser bolts for their 3v. They ordered 2 and received 40! lol Also had a customer order a header/mid-pipe and receive two of each. They very intelligently posted on a forum trying to sell them without telling us. Needless to say, mentioning the situation in the sale isn't going to help you sell too well. lol.

That's not cool. I bought suspension pieces from another vendor here (UMI Performance) and picked them up at Carlisle. Back at my vendor space I found I had an extra of one piece. I promptly returned it to them.

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I like the new look

Awesome, glad to hear it!

Thanks for the feedback!:clap:

I'm not 100% sure what would be needed for this but if it's too much, you guys could even make an AIM account or something. A lot of vendors on other car forums do it that way. I know that it's made things super easy for me in the past where I could just fire off a message and chat with a real person--especially for those of us who *ahem* do uh, research, from school or the office.

Riiiiiight, "research". I gotcha!

It's definitely a great idea, so I don't see why wouldn't do it but sometimes these things can be put on the back-burner while other projects take precedence. I'll see if I can't get it bumped up the list, though!

I found it a little confusing at first but after a minute or two looking around and actually reading the words it was easy to navigate.

Nice, that's what we like to hear, thanks for taking the time to let us know!

That's not cool. I bought suspension pieces from another vendor here (UMI Performance) and picked them up at Carlisle. Back at my vendor space I found I had an extra of one piece. I promptly returned it to them.

Yea, unfortunately some people are not as honorable as others, but that's great that you were so honest! I know that I'm sure UMI was happy/surprised that you went back to correct the situation! That's very conscientious of you!:beerchug2:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea, unfortunately some people are not as honorable as others, but that's great that you were so honest! I know that I'm sure UMI was happy/surprised that you went back to correct the situation! That's very conscientious of you!:beerchug2:

Yeah they were shocked by it. It was the right thing to do. Going to your website to look around now....:clap:

I'm hoping to order a pre-painted Shelby wing for my '05 in the next month or two.

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah they were shocked by it. It was the right thing to do. Going to your website to look around now....:clap:

I'm hoping to order a pre-painted Shelby wing for my '05 in the next month or two.

Awesome!

Well, if you have any questions/comments/concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to ask!

I'd be happy to assist!

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I gotta give it to AM. We registered our mustang club on the clubs section. They were very easy to work with and sent us lots of freebies. It also makes it very easy to find out about car shows/events. The discount is nice too.

A chat application should be easy. I put one on our website, but it is module-based which makes adding things like a chat-app, very easy.

http://clubs.americanmuscle.com/

The new site looks great too!

kgrun4

forum member
Reaction score
The only thing I miss about the old layout was the cool backgrounds for the monthly sales, like the grim reaper for october

UMI Performance

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I had a customer buy cam phaser bolts for their 3v. They ordered 2 and received 40! lol Also had a customer order a header/mid-pipe and receive two of each. They very intelligently posted on a forum trying to sell them without telling us. Needless to say, mentioning the situation in the sale isn't going to help you sell too well. lol.

Its sad but we have had it happen too, we have messed shipping addresses up before and when we called the customer to tell them received an order that wasn't theirs they said they never got it. The Fed Ex signature said otherwise.... they magically found the package on the porch..

This was very nice and surprising... not many people would do this and we really appreciated it! :)

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I gotta give it to AM. We registered our mustang club on the clubs section. They were very easy to work with and sent us lots of freebies. It also makes it very easy to find out about car shows/events. The discount is nice too.

A chat application should be easy. I put one on our website, but it is module-based which makes adding things like a chat-app, very easy.

http://clubs.americanmuscle.com/

The new site looks great too!

Awesome! Thanks for joining our Clubs program and most importantly, thank you for stopping in here to post the shout-out! We greatly appreciate it!

The only thing I miss about the old layout was the cool backgrounds for the monthly sales, like the grim reaper for october

Our Graphics Crew is working on some cool backgrounds, but we haven't decided if we want to use them again/anymore. I will let them know your feedback regarding it, however and maybe we can get new backgrounds for ya! Thanks for the input!

Its sad but we have had it happen too, we have messed shipping addresses up before and when we called the customer to tell them received an order that wasn't theirs they said they never got it. The Fed Ex signature said otherwise.... they magically found the package on the porch..

Some people man, I tell ya! Oh, well! Darwin will find a way to catch up with people like that!

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Took me a minute to get used to it but I think that's cause I practically had the old layout memorized. Did manage to find my way around the new one enough to order some more parts already.

I do like it though, just was soo accustomed to the old one but people rarely like change at first simple for change. The new one is very well laid out and structered for drilling down parts from a global level to specific part.

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Took me a minute to get used to it but I think that's cause I practically had the old layout memorized. Did manage to find my way around the new one enough to order some more parts already.

I do like it though, just was soo accustomed to the old one but people rarely like change at first simple for change. The new one is very well laid out and structered for drilling down parts from a global level to specific part.

Thanks for the input, Brian! We greatly appreciate it!

Is there anything you don't like or would change/modify to operate more smoothly/easily?

Let me know if you ever find anything amiss on the site, that way I can correct it!

Have a great weekend!

audidog

forum member
Reaction score
Chris, here is one tweak that would be nice, have the ability to add multiple vehicles and build lists for those of us with more than one stang. I like the build list feature helps me remember all the little items I come across, I just wish I could separate my fox resto parts list from my 2011 list.

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Chris, here is one tweak that would be nice, have the ability to add multiple vehicles and build lists for those of us with more than one stang. I like the build list feature helps me remember all the little items I come across, I just wish I could separate my fox resto parts list from my 2011 list.

That's a great idea, Audidog!

I just forwarded it to my Web Team and I'm sure they will get that tweaked/taken care of for you ASAP!

I can safely say that most mustang owners likely have more than 1, if not more, in the family! So it's definitely a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Let me know if you have any comments/concerns in the future!

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Ive always liked the site, that users can post pics of the parts and write reviews. Can walk away from my pc knowing I have made an informed decision. Large fonts, easy to navigate and multiple payment methods. Good job!

AMDanBailer

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ive always liked the site, that users can post pics of the parts and write reviews. Can walk away from my pc knowing I have made an informed decision. Large fonts, easy to navigate and multiple payment methods. Good job!

That's really great feedback!

Thanks for taking the time to post it!

Is there anything you would change or add to the site to make it function better or look better?

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Well I am in Canada. Paypal is great and all, but up here it takes a week to transfer money to it, sometimes closer to 10 (thats business days). Missed some of your 3 day sales. And Ive got a thing about letting money sit in paypal where I cant use it as needed. Some canadian retailers let us pay with our debit cards over the internet. Wonder if thats possible for an american vendor to accept these?

Of course I know that would depend on the fees they charge and set-up costs, and ultimately how much you sell in Canada to see if its worth it.

Probably best if you didnt, I spend enough as it is on my mustang!

audidog

forum member
Reaction score
Well I am in Canada. Paypal is great and all, but up here it takes a week to transfer money to it, sometimes closer to 10 (thats business days). Missed some of your 3 day sales. And Ive got a thing about letting money sit in paypal where I cant use it as needed. Some canadian retailers let us pay with our debit cards over the internet. Wonder if thats possible for an american vendor to accept these?

Of course I know that would depend on the fees they charge and set-up costs, and ultimately how much you sell in Canada to see if its worth it.

Probably best if you didnt, I spend enough as it is on my mustang!

It's the Canadian interac system that makes debit a pain I bet, as most US debit cards are visa logo'ed and accepted / used anywhere that takes visa.

I still have a TD account and card but it's pretty useless down here aside from at an ATM.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me or what, but whenever I click on the customer photos there are always some I can't scroll down to. It says "page 1 of 4" or something and I can never go through the pages. I always end up just clicking on the different colors and I think I get to see most of them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back