Weidman KOs Silva

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score

I know a lot of Silva fans are very disappointed....my deepest condolences.... :roflmao:
On a serious note, a lot of people are saying he just threw this fight....no he didn't! he got caught!

MikeT

forum member
Reaction score
Silva thought he could dance around again, and got knocked the f out. . . i was so happy

itsslow

forum member
Reaction score
He was too cocky and kept his hands down almost the whole fight. He should have been knocked out a lot earlier IMO

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Oh wow! I totally forgot there was a fight last night. Good for him man. Goes to show, there's always someone out there who can take you down.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that Weidman is a better fighter than Silva, but he certainly deserves the win for taking advantage of a good opportunity. I thought Silva's comments after the fight were confusing - he's going to continue fighting, but he's never fighting for a title again?

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that Weidman is a better fighter than Silva, but he certainly deserves the win for taking advantage of a good opportunity. I thought Silva's comments after the fight were confusing - he's going to continue fighting, but he's never fighting for a title again?

He's probably looking to do superfights from now on! like him and GSP or him and Jones etc.
I agree that Weidman still needs a lot more top name wins under his belt to come close to what Silva has accomplished...but, who cares! he freakin' beat the invincible Silva!

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
Plus 10. Dana White finally put a good fighter against him.

Sent from a tropical island in paradise

I hope you're kidding. Weidman will lose his next fight.. Silva could have easily destroyed him, but he got caught clowning. I think he was wanting to lose honestly. His speech seemed very rehearsed. He also already dominated that weight class... He is either moving up or down with out a doubt.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
If Silva would have taken things seriously, he'd still be wearing the belt. Not to take too much way from Weidman, but I was very suspicious with how much they hyped this guy up before the fight. When Weidman took Silva to the ground and got him in a bit of a spot, Silva was more than capable to defend and get himself out of a sticky situation. In the standing game, Silva was obviously able to land strikes at will, and but for the knock out blow, and was noticeably quicker than Weidman.

I think Silva was bored being the champ for so long and wants to honor his current contract with the UFC before retiring. I think we'll see Jones Silva, and maybe a bit lower chance of GSP Silva before things are all said and done. I'm more interested in GSP v Silva because I honestly think that Jones is too strong and quick for Silva to overcome at 205.

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
Jones and rashard Evans went to a split decision, and silva destroyed Evans...

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
I hope you're kidding. Weidman will lose his next fight.. Silva could have easily destroyed him, but he got caught clowning. I think he was wanting to lose honestly. His speech seemed very rehearsed. He also already dominated that weight class... He is either moving up or down with out a doubt.

Are you serious saying Weidman isn't a top tier fighter? Not trying to be a dick but you need to do some research on Weidman.

Wrestling: state championship in high school, Weidman earned All-American status four times, twice at both the Division 1 and NJCAA level.

BJJ: Weidman is considered by many to be a jiu-jitsu prodigy, as he was able to qualify and compete at ADCC, the most prestigious no-gi competition in the world, after just a year of training.

Weidman is clearly one of the quickest learners in the sport, outpaced by only light heavyweight champion Jon "Bones" Jones. A stud wrestler, Weidman adapted his game to jiu-jitsu so fast that he shocked many people at ADCC. After a points victory, Weidman faced one of the best jiu-jitsu practitioners ever and two-time Mundials champion, Andre Galvao.

While Weidman lost to the Brazilian, he managed to land multiple takedowns and threaten with chokes. Additionally, he wasn't submitted, which is incredibly impressive for a new purple belt going against such a phenomenal black belt.

In Weidman's third professional fight, he faced Uriah Hall, a powerful striker who later became infamous for his run on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF). Forcing Hall to lower his hands to defend his takedowns, Weidman caught Hall with a huge left hook and put him to sleep halfway through the opening round. That's the same left hook that caught Anderson.

Bottom line the kid is a sponge and is only gonna get better.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score

I think he may move up. I don't know if he wanted to lose, but I think he will move up.

If Silva would have taken things seriously, he'd still be wearing the belt. Not to take too much way from Weidman, but I was very suspicious with how much they hyped this guy up before the fight. When Weidman took Silva to the ground and got him in a bit of a spot, Silva was more than capable to defend and get himself out of a sticky situation. In the standing game, Silva was obviously able to land strikes at will, and but for the knock out blow, and was noticeably quicker than Weidman.

I think Silva was bored :owned2:being the champ for so long and wants to honor his current contract with the UFC before retiring. I think we'll see Jones Silva, and maybe a bit lower chance of GSP Silva before things are all said and done. I'm more interested in GSP v Silva because I honestly think that Jones is too strong and quick for Silva to overcome at 205.

They hyped him up bc they needed to sell the fight. Silva has been so dominant they need to sell the chance he could lose.

I don't think we will see the silva gsp or silva jones fight now. Dana white even said that already or hinted at it, but we know he can change his mind when he sees the dollar signs

lilcrate

forum member
Reaction score
Why would anyone throw a fight to fight in another weight class or to do a super fight? He could have done that while still holding the belt without having a loss on his record. He has been getting overly cocky and anyone can be knocked out no matter who is the better fighter. He slipped up. Plain and simple.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
GSP has already stated that he doesn't want to fight Silva. If Silva was so bored with where he was he could have moved up a long time ago. I'm not talking about moving up for a fight with someone like James Irvin,which he destroyed but stay in the weight class and take the belt. Now he wants to fight a out of shape Roy Jones Jr.? I would still love to see that but if he wants some real challenges he needs to take a step up. I personally don't see him moving up. I see him staying where he is at for a rematch.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back