Weidman KOs Silva

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
GSPisnt going to move up, not sure Silvacan get to 170 effectively. GSP better hope Silva doesn't move down because this whole fighting safe and squeezing out 5 round decisions will stop in a hurry. I was super happy to see silva get knocked out. In the ring he can be one of the most disrespectful fighters out there. The only guys I dislike more than silva in the UFC are the Diaz brothers...

Last edited:

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
Silva and Evans have never fought.......:asshat:
You sure right. Cant put a name with the fighter and fight I'm thinking of....
:beerdrink:

On another note I have never seen some one be as dominant as Silva has been the past 7 years. I truly hope he doesn't walk away because he is an amazing fighter.

Edit: Just did some digging up on google. IDK why I thought Silva and Evans had fought. I stand corrected sir.

Last edited:

MikeT

forum member
Reaction score
Silva is the best there is, i think if he wasn't acting like he was fighting a high school kid, he'd still be the champ. . . when you beat everyone so easily, its hard to get motivated

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
You sure right. Cant put a name with the fighter and fight I'm thinking of....
:beerdrink:

On another note I have never seen some one be as dominant as Silva has been the past 7 years. I truly hope he doesn't walk away because he is an amazing fighter.

Edit: Just did some digging up on google. IDK why I thought Silva and Evans had fought. I stand corrected sir.

Thiago Sliva and Rashad Evans fought at UFC 108. Rashad by unanimous decision. That may be what you are thinking of.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
If Silva would have taken things seriously, he'd still be wearing the belt. Not to take too much way from Weidman, but I was very suspicious with how much they hyped this guy up before the fight. When Weidman took Silva to the ground and got him in a bit of a spot, Silva was more than capable to defend and get himself out of a sticky situation. In the standing game, Silva was obviously able to land strikes at will, and but for the knock out blow, and was noticeably quicker than Weidman.

I think Silva was bored being the champ for so long and wants to honor his current contract with the UFC before retiring. I think we'll see Jones Silva, and maybe a bit lower chance of GSP Silva before things are all said and done. I'm more interested in GSP v Silva because I honestly think that Jones is too strong and quick for Silva to overcome at 205.

Bingo!

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
The hyped Weidman up with facts. The kid is more than good and will only get better.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not an avid follower, but I watch enough to know what's going on. Props to Weidman, but I can't walk away from that thinking he was really the better fighter. Silva played his usual games and finally paid for it. But you have to wonder what happens if he comes in and actually tries. Either it was fixed (which I doubt) or he is truly bored with having the title (isn't the whole purpose of the fights?).

I haven't heard Whites comments, but I can't imagine he was thrilled with that performance.

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
For all of you that say that Silva threw this fight, think about this for a second:
If he wanted to throw the fight, he would have just tapped when Weidman had him in a leg lock! I don't know who, in their right mind, would throw a fight by getting knocked the fuck out! it never crossed his mind that Weidman has heavy hands!
Even his manager, Ed Soares made a comment saying that Silva just went too far this time with him not respecting his opponent.
You think he is not motivated? why? because he was clowning around? this is EXACTLY how he defeats his opponents mentally in the cage, then goes for the kill. But guess what! it didn't work with Chris!
As far as him stepping up to LHW, good luck, his boyfriend Machida, whom he trains with, didn't look too good against Jones, and that was a few fights ago! Jones would simply take him down and elbow him to death!
I'm so glad he won't retire from the UFC undefeated, I thought I would never see the day!
Like Joe Rogan once told Randy Couture, Chris Weidman, you are my hero!

Last edited:

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
For all of you that say that Silva threw this fight, think about this for a second:
If he wanted to throw the fight, he would have just tapped when Weidman had him in a leg lock! I don't know who, in their right mind, would throw a fight by getting knocked the fuck out! it never crossed his mind that Weidman has heavy hands!
Even his manager, Ed Soares made a comment saying that Silva just went too far this time with him not respecting his opponent.
You think he is not motivated? why? because he was clowning around? this is EXACTLY how he defeats his opponents mentally in the cage, then goes for the kill. But guess what! it didn't work with Chris!
As far as him stepping up to LHW, good luck, his boyfriend Machida, whom he trains with, didn't look too good against Jones, and that was a few fights ago! Jones would simply take him down and elbow him to death!
I'm so glad he won't retire from the UFC undefeated, I thought I would never see the day!
Like Joe Rogan once told Randy Couture, Chris Weidman, you are my hero!

Not saying he thew the fight. However, did you listen to the interview with Rogan after the fight? He was basically saying that MMA has given him and his family a better life and that is all. He was very thankfull. He even at one point said the better fghter won tonight!

Here is a question for you guys. Ever think that it was planned to lose because if you keep beating everyone you are not marketable any longer.

I say this because think about Mike Tyson. I still believe to this day that Don King put Tyson in Jail. Tyson was an Animal and was destroying everyone with ease. He could not get a fight. Went to Prison came out and was making money again. It could be reality!

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
I did not say it was a hoax. I believe that somehow Don King was involved in taking him down. Don King is a money making fool. Would not put it past him to make another dollar!

Its a fact Don Kings people put a gun to Mike Tysons head when he tried to leave Dk productions. DK did time for beating a guy to death with a 357.

Sent from a tropical island in paradise

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
I did not say it was a hoax. I believe that somehow Don King was involved in taking him down. Don King is a money making fool. Would not put it past him to make another dollar!

He definitely is one shady character, that's for sure.

Its a fact Don Kings people put a gun to Mike Tysons head when he tried to leave Dk productions. DK did time for beating a guy to death with a 357.

Sent from a tropical island in paradise

Haha he must've been out of bullets.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
You guys overthink things a bit too much methinks.

Anderson Silva is STILL the greatest fighter in the world. He got caught by his normal antics this time. No doubt Weidman is a great fighter, but he's gonna need some more pedigree to reach the level of Silva.

Threw the fight? C'mon. Get real.

Also, at 185 Silva is 4% body fat. He cannot get to 170 and be effective. Period. So no GSP fight unless GSP comes up in weight. (which he could, because he's a gigantic 170)

Like all superfans, I'd love to see Silva vs Jones.

Paul.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like a remach is setup for UFC 168 (Dec 28th). Maybe this time Silva will be serious and resort back to his old tactics and not that drunken monkey shit he has been doing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/anderson-silva-vs-chris-weidman-054918810--mma.html

The UFC middleweight championship changed hands for the first time in seven years when Chris Weidman upset Anderson Silva at UFC 162 on July 6. The talk about the fight has not waned in the days following the fight.
While UFC president Dana White and new champion Chris Weidman both proclaimed that Anderson Silva could have an immediate rematch if he wanted it, the former champion took a step back to think about it.
The pondering was short-lived, however, as White announced on Saturday’s edition of ESPN SportsCenter that Silva has agreed to rematch Weidman at the promotion’s monster year-end event in Las Vegas, UFC 168.
Not only will Weidman vs. Silva II headline UFC 168 on Dec. 28 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, the event’s original headliner between Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate will remain on the card as the co-main event.
“Ever since the fight got over, I don’t know if there’s ever been any more hype in UFC history after a fight,” said White when announcing the fight. “Everybody’s been wondering if there’s going to be a rematch. I’ve been working on it since Thursday.
“Dec. 28 in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Anderson Silva will fight Chris Weidman in the rematch. Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate will be the co-main event.”
Immediately following the fight, Silva sounded as if he was almost relieved, expressing how tired he was from the weight on his shoulders, having defended the UFC middleweight championship for years.
“I finish my work. I no more fight for the belt,” Silva said while standing in the Octagon in defeat for the first time ever. “I fight for the belt for a long time. I’m tired.”
The days that followed, fans kept talking about the fight and a possible rematch. Having initially said he wanted time to think it over, Silva changed his tune rather quickly.
So what changed?
“What changed is, when Anderson Silva talked after the fight, the guy forgot what it felt like to lose,” explained White. “He’d never lost ever in the UFC; broke every record we ever had.
“I’ve been talking to him for two days. Both guys signed their bout agreement. Anderson Silva is motivated, fired up, and wants his belt back.”
Silva certainly seemed to agree, providing SportsCenter with a pre-recorded statement that they aired following White’s announcement.
“My fans in UFC and the world and United States I go back to fight Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman,” Silva stated. “I back, trust me, I back.”
Weidman upsetting Silva poured water on years of talk about Silva matching up with either Jon Jones or Georges St-Pierre in a superfight. White said on Saturday that all the talk about the hypothetical superfights doesn’t currently matter; this rematch is the biggest fight that he could promote right now.
“This fight between Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman will be the biggest fight in history,” he declared. “This is the biggest fight out there right now, and that’s saying a lot.”

MikeT

forum member
Reaction score
LOL, probably be a quick win for Silva, unless he gets caught again, or Weidman decides to not stand with him

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I'm sure Dana White helped changed Silva's mind with one hell of a payout to take the fight. I'm glad there is going to be a rematch, but I don't think I can just write of Weidman. It may have been a KO because of Silva being sloppy, but we know he can have his lights put out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back