Weidman KOs Silva

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
The champ got ko'd and gets an immediate rematch, and according to the oddsmakers he's the favorite, why? It's all about the money and in my opinion it's ruining the UFC. I've watched regularly since '05 and been to a few events but I'm starting to lose interest because it's becoming more like the WWE rather than the UFC. Just my opinion.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Yes..^^^.. I watch the WWE when I want to see clowns act it out....make that very athletic clowns. Silva i cant take serious. I can't watch him anymore and declined to watch this last fight. He has no class or respect for his sport and the fans that pay the cash.

MikeT

forum member
Reaction score
Yes..^^^.. I watch the WWE when I want to see clowns act it out....make that very athletic clowns. Silva i cant take serious. I can't watch him anymore and declined to watch this last fight. He has no class or respect for his sport and the fans that pay the cash.

I disagree

He was constantly wanting Weidman to come at him, he expressed it very well in the first round lol

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
I agree to a point.Silva does make a fool of himself at times but he is the best in his class and has not fought a real opponent in a long time (My personal opinion). He humiliates people and I think he took Weidman as another "opponent" when Weidman is a real contender. Weidman won fair and square and deserves the belt he has. If Silva take the rematch seriously I think he will win but who knows. This rematch should be pretty good IMO. I will be ordering it as I have been a Silva fan for a long, long time. I believe Silva has always had the "I have the belt, you have to take it from me" mentality so I wonder if this fight will be different as Weidman has the belt and he will have to charge forward and try to reclaim it as opposed to sitting back and waiting for the other person to make a mistake. I wonder if Weidman will be smart about this rematch.

Last edited:

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
The hyped Weidman up with facts. The kid is more than good and will only get better.

Little late to this thread sorry...but I agree. I don't think Weidman is technically a better fighter but the kid is good. I lost to him in the semi finals of the adu dahbi trials n the mother fucker is a nasty nasty grappler. They both deserve a rematch...so Silva can beat him, n so Weidman can prove it was no fluke. Even though he isn't a young buck Weidman is only gonna get better, n he's gonna need it I have a feeling for the rematch Lol.

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
Wasn't Silva the favorite in this last fight against Weidman also? Now he knows he has to actually fight to get his belt back, after acting like a monkey, and yes, he will, no, he HAS TO be serious this next time! which means, he will have more pressure than Chris to perform, and more pressure means more chances to make mistakes, and Weidman knows this, so he will prepare for a dangerous Silva.
Weidman has what it takes to defend the belt! I see Silva getting defeated again, and everyone will forget about him, just like everyone did when Chuck Liddell started losing!

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
Wasn't Silva the favorite in this last fight against Weidman also? Now he knows he has to actually fight to get his belt back, after acting like a monkey, and yes, he will, no, he HAS TO be serious this next time! which means, he will have more pressure than Chris to perform, and more pressure means more chances to make mistakes, and Weidman knows this, so he will prepare for a dangerous Silva.
Weidman has what it takes to defend the belt! I see Silva getting defeated again, and everyone will forget about him, just like everyone did when Chuck Liddell started losing!

I agree. plus when the chin starts to go, it gets harder. Ask Randy and Chuck.

Sent from a tropical island in paradise

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that Weidman is a better fighter than Silva, but he certainly deserves the win for taking advantage of a good opportunity. I thought Silva's comments after the fight were confusing - he's going to continue fighting, but he's never fighting for a title again?

Because he wants easy fights. That how Bones Jones, Mayweather and Andersen roll these daya.

Sent from a tropical island in paradise

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back