well i started my weekend project!!

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
i started installing my paxton supercharger today . i recieved the injectors and kb boost a pump yesterday . i have the injectors ,kb bap,and injectors installed . now im waiting for ups to bring me some boxes !! they will be here today at some point .
i figured id see if anyone had a tips or tricks that would help my install?
i cant wait to take this thing for a rip !

Steps

forum member
Reaction score
The install is pretty straight forward. The only trouble I ran into was with the coolant cross over tube. The instructions tell you what to do, but their method did not work for me. I ended up using a dremel to get it done, which took a whole 5 minutes after fighting it "their" way for an hour.

That is the only thing I had issues with, everything else was easy.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
TonyN just installed his so he would be of great help, getting the belt on is tricky, some tips are to grind off the oem tensioner stop to allow for more travel and leave the belt off the water pump pulley and grease it to slip it on last.

Last edited:

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
paxton

its a self contained unit. well i got it installed and fired up . everything looked good . no leaks , took it for a ride it has a pretty cool sound to it !
well pulled into the drive way jump out to find it was pouring antifreeze from where the thermostat housing is !!so i gave up for the night.
i will fix it in the morning . cant be anything too serious . i will post up in the morning what i find. for my tune situtation im not sure what to do .
ive been in contact with chris rose , hes say he can do a remote tune with datalogging and some other program . he would do it in three different section idle,part throttle, wot . then i think when i get the meth injection or a intercooler setup i will go see efi logics.

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
problem fixed

well i found the lower hose of the radiator was cocked a little and i didnt notice it . very easy fix . now onto the tune . i am working with chris rose . im still trying to decide on which route to go with my intercooling .
either meth or make a custom intercooler. i drove the car around a little
didnt really get into it at all . i love the little whine it makes around 2k .
i only took a few pics i will post up in a little while .

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back