well its time to go fast...vortech

j-stang

forum member
Reaction score
some of you may remember i had a vortech'ed 4.0 that i run low 13's on making a bit over 350rwhp. i sold that set up and swapped in a 3v, been running mid 12's for a while now love it.. but there is all ways a desire for more!

Friend of mine just picked up a 09 gt500 to replace his 05 vortech'ed gt.
He has been trying to sell it for a while but no bites on it. So I made him
an offer on the vortech, and after much negotiation and begging it will be
pulled off his car an put on mine some time within the next two weeks.

I can't wait! Ha, its a polished ho kit runs 10-11psI
will come with a mafia and boost-a-pump, plugs, everything
from the original kit. It's one of the first production kits put
out in 05 so it has some of the book extra stuff view stopped
putting in the kits over the years. BUt it has that tiny heat
exchanger so that will have to be upgraded ASAP.

I would not have got another vortech if it wouldn't have been such a great deal. Plus I've kinda been tagged a vortech guy any way. I'm gonna love having that vortech whistle back!

I fully expect 11's out of the set up!
Here a teaser pic of it on the car its coming off of...
f731fd63.jpg

\
BTW his gt500 is bad! I got to run it at the strip the other night
And bone stock I got a 12.04@117 out of it on my first pass! Cut a 1.76 60ft with the temps in the low 70's and 100% hummidity, it was sprinkling on and off..
So I know it has more in it. I had to promise I wouldn't buy his vortech and be faster than his gt500 on my first trip to the track with it... I got a feeling I lied... ha fun stuff.

j-stang

forum member
Reaction score
thanks, this will be me second vortech, i wish i still had the ice box that went in the battery spot and the battery relocation and the huge heat exchanger i had on the 6er, but i'll get back there eventualy. my goal is gonna be 11.5's on the stock block, should be able to get that.

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
congrats! I too hope to have a s/c on my car soon! And sometimes I look back and wish I had put my vortech on my v6 and fucked around with it for a few weeks or more then sold it and got the gt, ohh well.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
cool man. my buddy has a vortech on his v6 also. pulled a 13.00 on 20" foose rims and street tires. those vortech 4.0's are no joke. he made 365 rwhp with the kit and just got some 17's and MH drag radials for the track this year. should be running mid 12's on it. can't wait for the day i can finally slap a SC or Turbo on my car. congrats!

j-stang

forum member
Reaction score
yeah the guy that baught my vortech is running 12.6's on street tires and stock suspention (dwisforme05). i never got a chance to get mine to a track where something didnt screw up the day so best i got out of it was 13.1 but i know it had much more in it. my v8 now dont trap as high as the v6 did.

the v6 was great fun and impresive... but the swap was well worth it. and seems once again i'll be going for big with a vortech, cept on a v8

i cant wait

Back