Went out in some not-so-great air in my n/a A6 5.0 last night...

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Well my buddy just went from twin 67s to monoblade with no tuning changes. And he said car runs great. He will be running at track on Saturday.

Why did he decide to switch? Has he noticed a worthwile change going from the twin-67 to the monoblade? I could just go that route. Thanks!

kingcobra323

Reaction score
He said butt dyno feels it. Jk. Throttle response picked up. His best to date in 2100ft 70 degree weather is like 11.42@119 fontana dragway so Saturday I'll let you know if he really improved.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
He said butt dyno feels it. Jk. Throttle response picked up. His best to date in 2100ft 70 degree weather is like 11.42@119 fontana dragway so Saturday I'll let you know if he really improved.

Cool, thanks!

coop6

forum member
Reaction score
Would you recommend the CJ set up? I'm considering. About to have my headers and mid installed. Prob getting a Mike Rousch tune as well. I really wish I had e85 available every where near me. Look forward to your input.

coop6

forum member
Reaction score

What are the new numbers??

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Would you recommend the CJ set up? I'm considering. About to have my headers and mid installed. Prob getting a Mike Rousch tune as well. I really wish I had e85 available every where near me. Look forward to your input.

Sorry for the delay.

As has been mentioned, the Boss intake with Airaid CAI will provide the performance of my setup at less cost. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go that route again (I had that setup on my previous 2011 GT). But now that I have the CJ Manifold, I'll keep it. I may try a monoblade TB to see if it really does help as much as some have said (like WBT recommended).

As far as your E85 question goes, my old car only picked up about 8rwhp and about 10rwtq with E85 over 92 pump gas. I never dynoed this car on pump gas, and all my track runs have been with E85 in the tank. I run it because it has been significantly cheaper in my area than 92 pump (around 50% cheaper generally) so even though fuel economy suffers, it still is cheaper to run, and I prefer the exhaust smell and more octane headroom of the ethanol based fuel.

I'm planning on giving Lund tuning a shot this year.

Thoughts on switching from my 3.15s to a 3.31 gear? The tires I run are advertised at 27.2". Logs show I'm going through the traps at around 7000rpm right now with the 3.15 gear. The 3.31 should put me through around 7400. Not sure if the minor difference is worth the expense of switching.

I did switch from a 3.15 to a 3.31 in my previous car (Boss manifold automatic, same tire size I run now) and it seemed to pick up close to a tenth and about 1mph in the trap speed.

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Follow-up question...

Purchasing a monoblade TB or switching to 3.31s should have about the same total cost.

Which one would benefit me more? I'm currently running an OEM GT500 TB.

Back