What do I do if I have been possibly scammed.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I know better now, and just because of this I highly doubt I will ever buy anything unless I'd brand new from a dealer. I work so hard for my money and someone just took it.
Pm sent with some contact info of one of the accounts he was using. Contact this guy in the pm, because the scammer is his friend and was using his account as one of the fronts without him knowing.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pm sent with some contact info of one of the accounts he was using. Contact this guy in the pm, because the scammer is his friend and was using his account as one of the fronts without him knowing.

Thanks Kimmer :hi:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
This is about the 3rd or 4th gift paypal scam I've read about.
Never use the gift button with someone you don't know.

Eat the 3% if the cheap bastard on the selling end doesn't want to cover the cost of doing business.

My alarm goes off when they "order" me to use gift paypal. If it's something I really want I'll just bump the payment 3% and send it as a purchase, usually I just stop communication at that point.

BTW paypal now reports transactions to the IRS. So all those gifts may end up biting people in the ass if the dollar value at the end of the year is significant. IIRC 10k is the limit on gift money per year.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Bought it Monday, and yes the gift button was hit. So what do I do. I mean shit I put good faith in people then I get screwed.

Since it was just this Monday, What thread did you buy ANYTHING from pertaining to this guy because all his threads are flagged denoting he's a scammer.

Link us to the thread you bought from.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Since it was just this Monday, What thread did you buy ANYTHING from pertaining to this guy because all his threads are flagged denoting he's a scammer.

Link us to the thread you bought from.

The OP had a WTB add...the scammer probably contacted him thru PM.

RH

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
The OP had a WTB add...the scammer probably contacted him thru PM.

RH

That's exactly what happened, he pm'd me and said he had a used Mac exhaust, for 200 he even sent me a pic of it. Seemed like a straight up guy and deal. He said it would ship Thursday, I emailed and pm'd Thursday asking if it shipped and a tracking number. Never got a response. Then I knew I had been takin like a fool. I did call his friend Matt he said this isn't like Anthony to do this?

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score

I called Matt, the friend of the scammer. He said this isn't like Anthony to do this. WTF ever. I even said man I might take legal action against your friend.

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
I wanted that exhaust so bad too. Next time I will just go to Macperformance.com and order it directly. I'm not getting burned again.

notastockdohc

forum member
Reaction score
I paid directly from my bank account can't I just tell them I didn't make the purchase? I know that's the wrong way to go it but I want my money back! Paypal won't do anything since it was a gift. My only other option is to gonto my bank.

trbobusa

forum member
Reaction score
my09stang is the guys profile name. And yes it was for a set of Mac axle backs. Bought the item Monday he said he would ship it Thursday and he would let me know, I email him asking if it shipped with a tracking number multiple times with no response.
read my posts, he got me for 180!! just a week ago!

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
I paid directly from my bank account can't I just tell them I didn't make the purchase? I know that's the wrong way to go it but I want my money back! Paypal won't do anything since it was a gift. My only other option is to gonto my bank.

Actually called fraud... Tell your bank you didn't get what you paid for

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have my paypal backed by my Visa Debit card...I can either file with paypal or my CC. Debit cards are covered you just like a regular CC does as far as fraud and fraudulant purchases.

RH

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
sometimes your bank will spot you the money back anyways....especially if you are always in good standing with them and then they will get the money back from paypal, and if they don't it is just $180 to make their customer happy.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I wanted that exhaust so bad too. Next time I will just go to Macperformance.com and order it directly. I'm not getting burned again.

Caveat emptor. You sent a gift and that's exactly what he received. You can try to take legal action but unless you are an attorney (which you probably aren't because if you were, you'd realize this case would never make it to trial and would be dismissed for failure to state a claim), the legal fees will largely outweigh the $200 you lost. Plus, even if you do "win", chances are the court will NOT order him to pay your attorney fees.

Before you go threatening to sue, try and work it out with him. If you threaten to sue and he is a smart and/or retains counsel, then that will be the last you hear of him until he is served and appears in court. In other words, if he gets turned off by your threats of legal action, you will be even deeper in the hole that you dug for yourself.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back