What gears?

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
I run 4.10s with a TVS...I think it's a non issue personally.

How much boost and do you just rip through 1st and 2nd? Just trying to get a idea of how they would be with a TS.I've heard people like you say,"no issue" and others say they would never do it.

Reaction score
Pick a gear that puts your RPM at the end of the 1/4 where you want it, or pick a gear for street use, 4.10's might be fine for a F/I car that traps 115-120mph,

168x120(mph)x4.10(Gear)/13.5 (1/2 tire size)= 6122 RPM in 4th gear
N/A cars need more gear for 1/4, IMO I don't think 2500rpm @ 65mph is out of line at all for a DD

yellowjohn1

forum member
Reaction score
I do a lot of highway driving with my 4.10's. If I didn't do that, I would go with 4.56's in a second. 1st gear is short even with the stock gears. What I noticed was shifting duration between the other gears got considerabley shorter. I go 1st to 3rd in town all the time now. Really, driving the short amounts you do, go with 4.56's. You will be happy.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Well that pretty much made my mind thanks guys doing this will be added to the list of stuff to get done. I will probably do these in a month or so I will let you guys know how I like them

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Oh I should have probably said but I would rather you guys guess... I am going to go with 4.56 but I will keep my 3.73 for when I go fi

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i like mine. i can cruise at 70 and about 2500rpm. it's really pretty comfortable at that speed/rpm. but you need a tall tire

LASO

forum member
Reaction score
How much boost and do you just rip through 1st and 2nd? Just trying to get a idea of how they would be with a TS.I've heard people like you say,"no issue" and others say they would never do it.

The ones who say they wouldn't do it probably hammer on the go pedal at every light too.

Just go for it, if you don't like it just swap them back out.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
The ones who say they wouldn't do it probably hammer on the go pedal at every light too.

Just go for it, if you don't like it just swap them back out.

Very true, Im not a "green light gas pedal stomper McGillicutty" anyhow.Ive had the same feeling about see how i like em first then swap em if i need to.I have some 3.55's in the garage now also.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back