What have you done to your mustang today?

Paulluap

forum member
Reaction score
LOL. The roundabouts I saw at my uncles patch, in northern UK were huge things, like 1000' diameter. Locally, they installed the very 1st 3 x roundabouts aprx 15 miles north of me, by the airport. All 3 are tiny things, like 75' diameter. 2 of em are joined together, like a figure 8. Stupidest setup you have ever seen. 9 accidents in the 1st week it opened. And 4 x side roads branching off of each round about. Ill conceived..not engineered. The last time we had a round about was the late 1940's and mid 50's...downtown, where 5 x major roads converged. Folks didn't know how to use it..they ripped it out, and went to a multi intersection traffic light set up. Round abouts here are all CCW of course.

An Aussie naval officer is over here in western canada on some training program. Gets off the plane and immediately rents a bmw. 45 mins later, he crashes into the side of my bro-in law, sister, and mum.

I have only been to Australia, there was enough people and cars there. Haha. Would like to do the route 66 sometime. Got a few more mods to do on the car first. :thumb2:

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Setup a fixture to align the rear end for welding LCA relocation brackets onto the axle. After measuring both sides to known frame points to confirm the wheel base and axle was squared to the chassis, everything was tightened down at the factory ride height and then tack-welded the brackets. Removed the axle assembly and finished the welding from a better position than on my side.

i-7HnpFBt-X2.jpg

i-xNB6zzx-X2.jpg

i-8fPNNBj-X2.jpg

Installed the BMR LCA's when the axle went back into the Mustang. Springs and shocks will be next when the weather makes it out of the teens.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
The forge star drag wheel set up I ordered for myself for my birthday arrived today- along with the circle d that was ordered for Christmas. Lots of parts to get installed and dialed in.

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score
Commenting on the discussion of storing your car for extended periods and if you should start the car every so often. i live in northern ND, my cars can sit anywhere between 6-9 months and i've never thought about starting when in storage. Just put it in the garage full tank of gas with some fuel stabilizer, pump up the tires to max psi, pull the battery and forget it's even there. Starting the car in the cold (my idea of cold 0 degrees and below) just puts unnecessary stress and heat cycles on the engine.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So a couple nights ago I ordered JBA's 304 stainless version of their headers. I really hope the collectors line up a little better than the ones I have now because it's completely screwing up the alignment of the rest of my exhaust. Probably gonna work on that next weekend as my wife is going to New York with her sisters to see a show and I'll have some free time.

Also, if anyone is interested in the 304SS JBA's a guy has 6 sets of them on ebay for $495, hell of a deal.

EDIT: So this is interesting. I got the headers today, they came with nice MLS gaskets, actual header bolts (flanged head), and O2 extensions. When I bought my ceramic coated ones, I ordered them from a retailer and got a really good deal on them (and they were NIB). They came with generic grade 8.8 bolts with split lock washers, no gaskets, and no extensions. The only other thing in the box with them was decals, and when I installed them they collectors didn't line up correctly and threw off the rest of my exhaust alignment (which is why I'm replacing them). I almost wonder if i got some kind of factory seconds or ones that someone returned? Really weird.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Took the cars out today for a brief warm-up session after I added a fuel additive that also acts as a fuel stabilizer.
Idled them for about 5-10 minutes and put them back on the battery tender
Also took my before-BMR-springs measurements to see what the difference will be once the BMR front GT500 springs are installed, and the BMR rear GT springs.
Hoping to get to that within the next few days, but really, no rush since it's still winter around here.

25970471098_6362982e7a_o.jpg

The obligatory exhaust-idle video:

Last edited:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Gabe, perhaps it's just me, but both exhausts appear to sound nearly exactly identical with perhaps your wife's GT500 having just a slightly higher tone, otherwise, I can't really tell them apart from one another. Anyhow they both sound very awesome :waytogo:

travelers

Reaction score
Gabe you do know that the new springs for the front will settle a little with time. If you drive it for a couple weeks they will settle in about where they will stay. When I installed the P springs they dropped the front 7/8". After driving they dropped 1/2" and after the Whipple 2.3 went on, dropped another 1/4".

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Gabe you do know that the new springs for the front will settle a little with time. If you drive it for a couple weeks they will settle in about where they will stay. When I installed the P springs they dropped the front 7/8". After driving they dropped 1/2" and after the Whipple 2.3 went on, dropped another 1/4".

Yes, but GT500 springs are meant to handle the extra weight of the heavier 5.4 AND the blower, instead of the GT springs which are only meant to hold up the lighter 5.0 so I'm hoping to gain about 1/4-1/2" of height

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Discovered that my dash is cracked where the defrost vent is on either side clear up to the windshield. All the little ribs are broken too. Not sure how I want to go about fixing it as it's a pretty tight fit to get my hands up in there.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Registered for a August 1/2 mile event in IN. Saved 50% by registering early. Have one planned for battle creek first of July as well.

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Some new parts...

Powder coated Brembo’s, new Centric rotors all around, powerstop Z26 pads and Russell stainless lines. HUGE difference! Car stops now!

Raxiom projector headlights with LED bulbs. these are awesome, very bright! Love the look too! I wired the drl tri-bars to run when the key is on. Little expensive but I think well worth it if you drive on dark roads a lot, factory lights are horrible.

New corner marker lights. Found these on amazon cheap... I just wanted the stock amber lenses gone. These have a clear lens and blend in a lot better now.

Ford racing cut-n-clamp x pipe. Haven’t noticed any power gains, didn’t expect any... I was just looking to kill some of the drone from the flowmaster outlaws which it did a little bit, just sounds smoother now. Kind of a bitch to install in the garage with jack stands.

d8194f1b9078e25f880b79f6d048c831.jpg

7e5c098229d4dcf2a7fe9b56d09a01ec.jpg

4552f0f389b87216c470eddca97c0043.jpg

68c1dd54d2c7905a1fcfe7de00224b10.jpg

ae4bc6a8a199ffc13a65f8f72c1cb8a6.jpg

8478ed4210e70ada0fb096a29097475f.jpg

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Nice mods jlmotox!!! I like the head lights. I have the tinted ones and I can't see anything at night. I love the look in the day time but they are dangerous at night. Thinking about changing them out and you may have just inspired me.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got the old JBA's yanked and these ones installed. Almost too pretty to put under the car where no one will see them.

I feel like I'm a pro at 3V header swaps, beyond the initial install this is the second time the headers have come out of the car (first was to paint them a year after I installed them). Got the old ones out and these ones in in about 6 hours, which included all the extra time it took me to get the clips and tabs off the Stage 8 locking header bolts I installed (side note, those clips and tabs are relatively easy to install and a giant pain to remove). Upon reinstall I decided to use the Stage 8 bolts on the bottom bolts only since those are the ones I can't access to retighten without taking the motor mounts out. Tonight I pretty much wrapped it up aside from reinstalling the starter, steering shaft and a couple other bits, about 8 hours total start to finish.

Hopefully these ones are in the car to stay though.

Snapchat-2111246181.jpg

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Seems to be pretty good, they're close to the frame rails on both sides but I think it's supposed to be like that. They line up better than the old ones, which was why I replaced them.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
jlmotox That looks sharp. I hate the factory headlight as well. What Pump and HE are you using if don't mind me asking.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Bought these wheels for the track. 18x11 Apex EC7. They will have 305/35/18 NT01's on them later this year. A 25mm spacer up front will allow me to rotate the wheels for added tire life.

Now I need to build a tire trailer.
b82a89b024ab0ccf24a7e00257fe3360.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
jlmotox That looks sharp. I hate the factory headlight as well. What Pump and HE are you using if don't mind me asking.

Thanks! The pump and HE are what came with the Whipple HO kit.

bc35f6a12820b91cceab1f381bbd3d97.jpg

Nice mods jlmotox!!! I like the head lights. I have the tinted ones and I can't see anything at night. I love the look in the day time but they are dangerous at night. Thinking about changing them out and you may have just inspired me.

Thanks! After having been out at night on some dark roads with these lights I’m more than impressed! Wished I would’ve done them sooner!

rb042hou

Reaction score
Got my BBK Ceramic shorty headers and pypes m80 mid mufflers, and new front lower control arms installed today. SOUNDS AWESOME...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back