What have you done to your mustang today?

RoninGT

Reaction score
Conti Extreme Contact DWS 06 +. It was those or Pilot sports. Went Conti. Install tomorrow 0800. 35 degrees so good timing.

These replace the original 2007 factory tires that came with the car. Got 16 years out of them. Not bad !

GriffX

Reaction score
After my tie rod end change I corrected the toe in with a tape measure.
With the old tie rods still in place I put the steering wheel straight with a water level and measured the wheel distance (marked the place at the profile with paintmarker).
With the new tie rods in, I corrected the distance to the value I measured, precision of 1 mm. It will not be 100% but acceptable, I hope....

Miker

Reaction score
Thought someone tried to break into my car. I went to get in it and the door handle opened the door but did not retract. Seems it is a common thing. So I got in there and the mechanism on the handle was tweaked. It has plastic ears holding a pivoting lever and they had spread enough to let one of the tiny nubs slip out of its hole. What a stupid fucking design. Any way I put it back into place and used a small C clamt to close the gap. I marked that position on the clamp and then removed the pivoting arm completely. Then I put the C clamp back on the plastic ears and wound it down to the same marked position plus a bit more maybe an 1/8 of an inch. Then slowly heated the plastic up with a heat gun. Let it cool and then reinstalled the pivot and spring. It was a bit of a struggle as the plastic took a good set to the slightly closed position. Re installed everything and as a bonus installed the rod for the key lock that was undone. I also discovered what I think to be after market speakers. I am hoping my fix holds but I will be surprised if it does The nubs of that pivot are only halfway through the mount even with the ears compressed. If it fails again I am going to drill through the nubs and slide a steel shaft all the way through with circlips on each side.

20240227_145505.jpg

20240227_130202.jpg

20240227_125054.jpg

20240227_130131.jpg

20240227_125054.jpg

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same failure on the driver handle and about a year later the passenger handle on a 2005 GT around 2017/18.
Used the same method of heating the plastic to form it tighter and reassembling. Both handles went about a year before failing again, at which point I bought new handles and painted them to match.

GriffX

Reaction score
Mounted my DIY undertray prototype from the K-member to the radiator support and in front of the tires, was a lot of
work and countless hours.

.ready.JPG

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Got the new Jeg's fuel pump installed. 400lph of Made In China fuel delivery power.
Couldn't get the locking ring fully twisted back on, it just wouldn't click into final place. Ordered a tool off Amazon to hopefully help me lock it fully.
It's a little different than the stock pump, but the car runs and revs fine. Haven't driven it yet. And still need to get a new tune of course.
The last picture shows the jumper wires at the fuel pump driver module connector, so that when I'd turn the key, the pump would pump continuously, so that I would get as much of the fuel out of the tank as possible, to avoid spills during the swap. I had disconnected the fuel line at the pump and had a line going from it right into a 5-gallon gas can. This was per an awesome recommendation from somebody on here a few posts ago, thank you for that.

20240303_130032.jpg

20240303_130019.jpg

20240303_130007.jpg

20240303_125948.jpg

20240303_125952.jpg

20240303_125957.jpg

IMG_20240303_153628.jpg

JimC

Reaction score
Did a couple of things today, with temperature in the 60's I wasn't afraid that I was going to break something (or freeze my fingers!)

Got the "PULL" handle installed in the trunk. No more grabbing the trunk lid to close it.
trunk pull handle.jpg

And got the J&L oil catch can installed. With the strut tower brace the engine cover doesn't slide out so I had to either pull the brace or slide the cover around and back and forth to work on it. It would have been easier with the cover fully off.

It mounts to a bracket on the driver side, but the hoses route under the engine cover and other things across to the "dirty" side on the passenger. Connect to the passenger side valve cover and the intake between the throttle bodies. Not a lot of room to work with. Took it for a drive and everything seems to be fine, no air leaks.
oi catch can before.jpg

From driver over to passenger

oil catch can J&L after from driver to passenger.jpg
Connection of passenger side
oil catch can J&L after from passenger side connection.jpg

trunk pull handle.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back