What have you done to your mustang today?

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, definitely a classic combo. When I first met my wife and she had just gotten it about 2 months earlier, she was telling me she wasn't in love with the white, I told her that's crazy, it's THE classic combo.
Also, I keep saying that if/when I get a GT500, it will have to be blue with white stripes, her exact opposite :)

Today I replaced the rear bump stops in my '13. I recently found that the left one had basically split open, broke apart or whatever. Guess I may have cut it down a bit too much and one too many bumps.

View attachment 83555

I went with Maximum Motorsports ones, which as it turns out are nothing more than Eibach pieces. When I googled the part number I came up with front Honda Civic applications. Interesting to think that I now have front Civic bumpstops in the rear of my Mustang. Not sure how I feel about that, lol

View attachment 83556

To install them you have to remove the old rubber pieces and insert the new MM/Eibach rubbers upsidedown. I sprayed the metal bracket with a little detail spray to make the insertion of the new stops much easier.

View attachment 83557

View attachment 83558
Sorry to quote this old post, but came up in my search. On a recent drive I went over a pretty decent dip and received a nice "clunk" from the rear. Checked everything out when i got home and the driver side bump stop in completely missing. It was cut years ago when I lowered the car, and was probably just degraded enough to fall out. How did these stops end up working out for you? Did you stick with them or end up changing to something not Honda. Thanks

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Sorry to quote this old post, but came up in my search. On a recent drive I went over a pretty decent dip and received a nice "clunk" from the rear. Checked everything out when i got home and the driver side bump stop in completely missing. It was cut years ago when I lowered the car, and was probably just degraded enough to fall out. How did these stops end up working out for you? Did you stick with them or end up changing to something not Honda. Thanks

They're still in the car, still working.
No weird noises.
In fact I recently removed my Watts Link and went back to the adjustable panhard bar, and that in itself quieted things down a bunch more.
Love the ride now.
Still debating if I want to sell the BMR Watts Link though

GriffX

Reaction score
FYI: I have seen yesterday that my yellow Ford Racing bump stops (I highly recommend installing them) turned into brown-red. Are they a wear item and need to be replaced at some time?

PS: Just found the cause of it: I installed Kevlar based brake pads instead of semi-metallic and the dust is brown. The FR bump stop compared to the OEM rubber has some more open cell structure and the dust get trapped inside.

Last edited:

RoninGT

Reaction score
Would that be the same part number I would use on a 07 SGT? Mine does not have much use but is the original...

GriffX

Reaction score
That cable was literally resting on the exhaust. Zip tied it to the brake line. 1710425491671.png

Road_Trip

Reaction score
Got the Baton installed today. WOW, what a difference. I've run short throw shifters in the past, always used Steeda Tri-Ax, but this is a whole new level. I swear half the time it doesn't feel like I'm fully in 1st gear because of how short it is. Love the feel and style of the flat stick.

20240329_162336.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Got the oil changed in my GT and the wife's Shelby, Fresh Amsoil 5w50 and new Motorcraft filter for both. Also new drain plugs for both, good thing I ordered them last time cuz mine rounded off big time.
The Shelby also got some fresh Amsoil transmission fluid, while mine got some fresh rear diff fluid.

1000005337.jpg

1000005347.jpg

1000005350.jpg

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score
No, first time I've used it. I have enough more to do the cabin but won't tackle until I have time to strip it bare and do multiple projects at the same time. Tint R&R, speaker upgrades, rear-seat delete etc. I'll do inside doors and side panels, roof, firewall and floors.
It goes quickly with snap-off utility knife, straightedge and cut resistant gloves, (the foil can slice you up).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back