What have you done to your mustang today?

travelers

Reaction score
Thanks and no, still running the trusty factory driveshaft.
You hear on forums of people breaking the factory ones, but never hear of that happening locally.
So I'll keep running the factory piece for the foreseeable future.
This recently happened to a buddy with a blown Boss:
Shaftmasters shaft???

driveshaft1.jpg

driveshaft2.jpg

Ouch, that's the shaft I have. How much HP is he making and what tires he's using? Track?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Ouch, that's the shaft I have. How much HP is he making and what tires he's using? Track?

Not sure it was a Shaftmasters, but doesn't look like a DSS ... DSS doesn't have that rubber boot

It's a Procharged '12 Boss with an F1c, not sure of the exact power, I think he's at about 650 rwhp and this was Hoosier a6 tires, at New England Dragway
3 passes that night, 2 on Goodyear F1s and one on the Hoosiers and the driveshaft snapped

Last edited:

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Got everything ready for sound deadening install tomorrow. Did my trunk area years ago. Gonna tackle the rear seat/quarter area to cut down road noise, especially in rain. Should have enough to slap a few pieces on the roof to dampen it too

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
How in the hell did you do that?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentalab
Had just come back from a friends place, 6 blocks away. Stopped to pick up a grease gun with synthetic grease in it. Backed out of driveway..and heard this gawdawful clunking and clanging. Pulled back in, same deal. Busted the pass side front strut (roush) clean in half. Not having much luck these days.

How in the hell did you do that?!

Baffles me. I use the car everyday around town, and real careful with bumps on road etc. I had the entire Roush suspension kit installed 5 yrs ago. Roush lowers the front 1" ( 1.25" rear). Roush springs are supposed to be just 30% stiffer than oem... but their front struts / rear shocks are rock hard. ( rebranded XXX). I'm going to replace both fronts with oem struts.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Uh-oh, you cheated on Brenspeed .... now they're gonna send you "960HP" decals ...

Gabe,

I'm actually just trying to do business where I live and not have to drive 1K miles round trip plus all the added expenses of doing that going to Brenspeed.

DBR Performance does some very-very High-End vehicles and they are located less than 20-miles from where I live.

They have already done several things for me on the Mustang and all of what they did was excellent.

So I have continued to go back to them ...........

They hold either 3 or 4 World Records currently.

now they're gonna send you "960HP" decals ...
... ...

T.

Saleen520

Reaction score
6099fb1a7677aa74733d957d430120ba.jpg

5cb80e3812bdad334f455a6a9dde8a6e.jpg

Installed hood struts today, getting ready for the carbon fiber radiator cover[emoji12]

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Got everything ready for sound deadening install tomorrow. Did my trunk area years ago. Gonna tackle the rear seat/quarter area to cut down road noise, especially in rain. Should have enough to slap a few pieces on the roof to dampen it too
It was a huge PITA sitting in the back with no seat but it's done.

braupe

Resident Diabetic...
Reaction score
I installed some hot rod cams. love the sound and I also installed some cmdpe day before and noticed a drop in low end grunt. Should i throw the stock valves back in? Or try a tune other than Bama?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i saw that. Looks my good! I didn't go as far but hopefully with what I've done it'll cut down the road noise from the tires and rain noise on the roof.
Cliff,

I have some buddies that have in the past also done to different degrees the Dynamat treatment to their Mustangs.
They all said even what they did made a noticeable difference.

I'm sure what you have done will help with the noise from the road, tires, exhaust etc. also.

If your interested check back on that thread of mine and as soon as John sends me the rest of the pictures he took I'll be posting them.
He did a very extensive job with the install from what I saw in the pictures he showed me.
It should not only help with Noise but also with the A/C.
Where I live it gets really hot in the summer months and really high humidity.

T.

Last edited:

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Tried measuring the weight of my fiberglass Saleen hood with one of hose luggage scale handles and registered 20 or so pounds.

I'm guessing that's half the weight since it was still on the car and I lifted it by the front hinge? Lol I was bored.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
How do you like the initial quality of those? I've had my eye on them since I bought my Bullitt last year but haven't pulled the trigger.
I have had my redlines on my car for about 1.5 years with no issue at all- it isn't a daily driver, but install on my 14 was super quick and easy-

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Finally got around to de-dipping the barrels of my wheels.

I took the dip off of the "face" of the wheels a while back, but left it on the "barrel" part of the wheel. Finally decided to go all the way and peel all the plasti-dip this weekend. I guess I didn't have it applied on thick enough in the barrels, because it was a royal PITB to get it all off.

On the bright side, all the hard work paid off...my de-dipped polished Forgestars look sick, if I do say so myself.

I told my wife that if she ever sees me standing over a set of wheels with a can of PD in my hand, she has full permission to come and punch my in the nads.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back