What is this called and where can I get one

07droptopgt

Reaction score
Hit a tractor trailer tread on the road the other day and messed this up any idea where I can get another one and what it's called. its off a 2013 mustang v6 premium

Hope the pics turned out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 20

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
checking the above parts diagram it seems to be part number 24 in the list

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Would try the part numbers on ebay, maybe search local scrap yards for a rear end/side impact mustang.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Tasca is pretty reasonable for dealer stuff. You won't find any other dealers cheaper.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
yea tasca is usually best price available for new pieces, but shipping may kill you on things as wide as the car itself.

made buying a gt500 splitter from them unfeasible.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Prices are great on tasca. Shipping is not. They had my gt500 cooling fan for the best price I could find on the net but shipping put it way more than at LMR.

07droptopgt

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys I'm hoping with a bud who works for a ford dealership that maybe we can figure out something. eBay,Amazon, scrap yard, something. I drove it today without this in place didn't seem to be any difference in the cars manners but I still want to replace it.

JimC

Reaction score
Had to find this again - local dealer said "for you only $190" when I asked about the price of one. Mine came off at the track last Saturday. I was told it was shaking and on a pass someone flagged me down on the return road and told me that it came off about the 1/8 mile mark and was still out on the track.

Since my IAT's and the coolant temp are up a degree or two I figure this must have something to do with directing the air properly for the cooling system. Plus with my Hellion turbo it leaves the intake exposed up in the wheel well.

A side advantage to it being gone though is I have less hood shake at highway speed. Someone else said that if the front is loose though it will cause turbulence under the hood and give you some shaking.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I think Doug M lost the one off his car a couple years ago and posted a link to an aftermarket replacement that was stupid cheap, like $20 or something.

5tangiac.0

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get the one for the boss splitter for cheap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimC

Reaction score
I think Doug M lost the one off his car a couple years ago and posted a link to an aftermarket replacement that was stupid cheap, like $20 or something.
For the air dam/rock guard under the front of the engine (#20 on the Tasca diagram)? I need to find that thread.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back