What lift do you have in you garage?

b00stedgt

Reaction score
Looking to buy a lift and wanted to see what you guys are using in your garages

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
LOL!!!!! I think me and you are gonna be tied for the most useless threads!! :highfive:

hahaha!!!:roflmao:

Walmart special for me.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
144852_lg.jpg

b00stedgt

Reaction score

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
7500lb two post symmetrical lift. http://aresco.org/ They don't list mine at the moment. I did have to mod the arms as they were too high to fit under the car. The 9000lb version has thinner arms so they probably fit. Even with my 8 foot ceiling the lift is way easier to work with than jacks. i made a special low lean back chair for rolling around under neath the car.
You can see a bit of the lift in this picture. I never took pictures of the lift. I also made the aluminum rocker adapters.

IMG_1928.jpg

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

b00stedgt

Reaction score
I think I might pull the trigger on this lift. The only thing I dont like is the fact that some people have had issues with one side going up slower then the other

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Now this would be the perfect addition to one of my garages. Time to stop buying car mods for a while and make this investment. I need to give my concrete guy a call and confirm how thick he poured my garage floors.
While you're at it, find out what strength concrete it was that he poured. At least some lifts have a minimum spec for this, too (they all should, even if it isn't published in the advertising).

You also can't have the anchor bolts located too close to cracks or other edges, as you won't develop the necessary strength. Concrete failures don't give much warning.

I have done a little baseplate/anchor bolt analysis in my day job.

Maybe this topic isn't "car tech", but to legally get an evaluation of this kind of home improvement done professionally, you'd need to find a professional engineer registered to practice in your state. Seems pretty "technical" to me . . .

Norm

Last edited:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would never get a lift like that scissor lift jack unless it was to change tires only. Looks too dangerous to crawl under.

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have one of these? If so, any feedback?

Yes, that is my garage.

The lift works great. Rolls under lowered cars with easy. Leans against the wall and takes up as much space as card table. Hvy Duty electric drill lifts the car nice and smooth and vertically with no lateral movement. (great for tight garages). Picks up off the entire pinch rails or you can put in some small blocks of wood in the right place and lift on the subframes, which is what I do.

I would like to see some locking straight legs you could put under it after its up in the air just for added safety, but it seems very stable and solid. It uses a screw jack system so only way it could collapse is for the threads to shear. Same concept as your factory scissor jack, just scaled up.

Those other "portable" scissor lifts are not very portable and really only good for doing tire changes and brake jobs.

some other shots of the ezcarlift

About 2/3' max lift
As you can see compared to a standard jack stand the lift is built very solid.

ezlift4.jpg

Once in the air one of the cross beams can be unbolted so you can easily drop transmissions and driveshafts out of the car.

ezlift2.jpg

ezlift3.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back