What muffler is this

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
there is a guy locally selling these mufflers for cheap. said they are off a steeda mustang. they have 3.5 or 4 inch tips on them and the stickers around the input side were gray and had svt written on them
390e6505.jpg

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
Anyone? Isn't this normally where the gta or gtb code would be? Anyone have qa stock gt muffler part number?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
really... in tech... come on now................ moved to CC

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
well the other pics i took of them got deleted to make space on the camera by the gf:asshat:

Last edited:

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
It looks like what he did was hack off the stock steel tips, and had some different tips welded to the muffler body. They look like stock GT mufflers to me.

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
well thats what i thought too but when i saw them in person they are definitely not a hand weld job. these look 100 percent factory and they have a factory SVT part number tag. i know the guy somewhat and he works for the performance ford dealer down here. plus the part number on the muffler doesnt match my factory gt mufflers or the automatic numbers i found online. the ford part number site wont cross reference that number either. do the GTAs have the 5320 part number stamped on them??

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My stock muffler part number is F1 - 7849. So unless they change part numbers from year to year that isn't a stock GT muffler.

mmiller40

Reaction score
My stock muffler part number is F1 - 7849. So unless they change part numbers from year to year that isn't a stock GT muffler.

made me run grab mine.. Same as your Doc And FWIW my car is 2 years newer so they did not change it between 05 and 07 at least..

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
im going to try and buy them tonight and ill post better pics of them, i bought the over the axle pipes from the guy and they are from a 2009 so im assuming these mufflers are as well. maybe i will be able to carry on a conversation with someone in my car while on the interstate now. 4.10s + loud exhaust = mind numbing for long trips

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
well i couldnt find any other stamps or numbers on them, the plastic tags have svt on them and a barcode, they sound just like GTAs and im freaking digging them! will post some pics up in the morning. big ole 4 inch tips on them!

circusboy

forum member
Reaction score
sounds like the one I just put on, 2010 GT500 Mufflers. I'll have to go look at the numbers on the bottom. They are bad a$$. quite at idle mean at WOT

Sinotis

forum member
Reaction score
sounds like the one I just put on, 2010 GT500 Mufflers. I'll have to go look at the numbers on the bottom. They are bad a$$. quite at idle mean at WOT

My money is on 2010 GT500 mufflers. I myself would love a set but only if they are off a coupe. The 2010 GT500 convertible mufflers are butt.

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
ya i put my stock h pipe back on because of my long distance girlfriend. these mufflers even with the h pipe sound awesome. sounds alot like the stock h pipe with the borla stingers

Last edited:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Dropped the glasspack system huh, I was curious to see what that sounded like. I personally like loud, but some dont....post a vid of these new mufflers, I would like to hear them.

Some pics would be nice too.

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
ya ill get some pics today, i like loud too but i hit a speed bump in my gf's apartment complex and busted one of the glasspacks. its a pain living in indiana sometimes. i was dragging just backing out of my driveway. i talked to the guy again and he said they are indeed 2010 gt500 mufflers, he was getting shelby and steeda confused. kinda scary since he works for a ford dealer that he would mix those 2 up. some guy apparently said he would buy the car if the dealer would buy and install side outlet exhaust with the rockers painted to match. i guess money talks in this economy because they did it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back