what oil do i use?

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
Can any one lead me in a good direction as to what oil and filter to use in my JDM stroker motor? I have a forged 298 CI JDM motor with CNC'd heads.

I just bought the car, and wondered what is the best oil to run in it, and what filter to use.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We normally break out engines in now with Valvoline VR1 10-30 Racing oil. After a while we'll switch to Factory ford 5w20 syn blend. We use that for all the stock engine cars as well. You could use a 5w 30 in the summer time.

JimIII

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have been using 5w20 all the time, mobil one. Im assuming this is fine. I had al ot of peopel tell me to use a thicker oil all the time, especially because VCT was locked out. What are your thoughts?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have been using 5w20 all the time, mobil one. Im assuming this is fine. I had al ot of peopel tell me to use a thicker oil all the time, especially because VCT was locked out. What are your thoughts?

Thats a good oil Ron, id didnt mention that but we will use it too. We like using the VR1 because it has a high zinc content and helps seat the rings better. The thicker oil is a good suggestion for a 3V car especially supercharged because of the excess heat let off by the blower. With the VCT locked out i dont think it would make one bit of difference to be honest with you.

JimIII

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
We normally break out engines in now with Valvoline VR1 10-30 Racing oil. After a while we'll switch to Factory ford 5w20 syn blend. We use that for all the stock engine cars as well. You could use a 5w 30 in the summer time.

JimIII

See Told ya!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back