"What part should I buy?" Sticky

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I've been on a bike forum lately and it's got like 50,000+ members and more joining everyday;a growing forum, just like this one. What mods did because it got really fucking annoying and to help this cause, could we create a sticky of "What part should I buy?" as to stop new threads from being made about mufflers and CAIs, etc., Basically shit that's been covered many times before. How do you think it would fare here? I think it would clean up a lot of the shit that's been posted lately and help retain the integrity of the tech section. It's going to take a while and a few posts to start it up, but like the one I saw, it now has almost 190 pages, 20 responses per page, mods make sure it doesn't get too off topic, and it helps new members get an idea of what to by and who has used what, what does and doesn't work, and who to stay away from, etc.

Here's the Link!

Well that's my stolen idea, what do you guys think? :hi:

Last edited:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been on a bike forum lately and it's got like 50,000+ members and more joining everyday;a growing forum, just like this one. What mods did because it got really fucking annoying and to help this cause, could we create a sticky of "What part should I buy?" as to stop new threads from being made about mufflers and CAIs, etc., Basically shit that's been covered many times before. How do you think it would fare here? I think it would clean up a lot of the shit that's been posted lately and help retain the integrity of the tech section. It's going to take a while and a few posts to start it up, but like the one I saw, it now has almost 190 pages, 20 responses per page, mods make sure it doesn't get too off topic, and it helps new members get an idea of what to by and who has used what, what does and doesn't work, and who to stay away from, etc.

Well that's my stolen idea, what do you guys think? :hi:

I'd like a link to the bike forum!

I also am making a point here, I wonder if the sheeple will read and understand the good in being in line? You see, I think they will just catch the bike forum yadi yadi and then off they go. It seems there's some stupids with keyboards real bad here at times, (It seems to go in streaks).

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
the only problem with that would be going through 190 pages to find out what part to buy

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I'd like a link to the bike forum!

I also am making a point here, I wonder if the sheeple will read and understand the good in being in line? You see, I think they will just catch the bike forum yadi yadi and then off they go. It seems there's some stupids with keyboards real bad here at times, (It seems to go in streaks).

I feel like a fuckass now because the site is down.. lol. I read on their facebook thing that it should be back up soon and they're trying to contact admins. As soon as it does, I'll post it up. But I get what you and Irishpwr are saying, it'll just be another sticky but it'll take time and grow we could make it a note to send people this way and let them know if they have any more what bolt-on, cam, etc should I buy, they can put it there.

the only problem with that would be going through 190 pages to find out what part to buy

And as far as looking through nut loads of pages, on the top, there's a "search this thread" button. :thumb2:

Kankakee

I dunno.
Reaction score
Or whoever is in charge of the thread can edit it to put all of the parts in the OP. Just like they are doing with the 1/4 times and weight reduction threads. That way you don't have to scroll to even the 2nd post.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Or whoever is in charge of the thread can edit it to put all of the parts in the OP. Just like they are doing with the 1/4 times and weight reduction threads. That way you don't have to scroll to even the 2nd post.

That could work too, but it would be good to leave room for discussion as well. Just checked again and the people on the facebook page are pretty pissed about it. Just scroll down a few posts, it's like the third one.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BMX-Forumcom/138508965857?ref=ts

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
we could have someone who is the mod for that specific thread...

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I nominate hot rod cam boy to mod it lmao ...... I did notice something else pretty cool the other day though on another forum , say you were looking at a cam thread it had links at the bottom of the page to other cam threads ( kinda like a auto search function )

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
No offense, but I personally don't see a need for a "one size fits all" thread like that here.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea you guys are crazy thinking all that would be in on sticky thread... the time it would take to keep that one thread in line... We are trying are best weeding out the bs

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No offense, but I personally don't see a need for a "one size fits all" thread like that here.

Too much work for mods and admins as it is, I think they already enough to do.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back