What should I run on a 100 shot?!

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
Based on my 12.41 run NA which after extensive tuning should be quite a bit better now...what should I run on a 100 shot?! I have a bottle heater so pressure shouldn't be lower than 950psi...I also will be running a window switch not engaging the nitrous until 2nd gear from 3000 to 6000 rpm...I've read its not safe to spray off the line but have also read about numerous people doing it with no problems...should I think about spraying in 1st and if so what precautions should I take to make it as safe as possible?! Suspension wise I have BMR lowering springs (2in. drop) which I know dont help me, will have sway bar removed, rear bump stops will be cut, and I will be on 26x11.50-17 Bias Ply ET Streets...I will also be launching off a 2 step Chris Rose built into my tune at around 5500 rpm I believe...any thoughts?!

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
You definitely want to spray in first. Spraying off the line will be a bit of a challenge though. If you want to do that then I'd suggest you look into the WOT box with the nitrous feature.

I'd say you'd probably run mid to high 11's without spraying off the line. 10's possible if you spray off the line AND can get your launch perfected.

Edit: ...and the force is with you.

Last edited:

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
You definitely want to spray in first. Spraying off the line will be a bit of a challenge though. If you want to do that then I'd suggest you look into the WOT box with the nitrous feature.

I'd say you'd probably run mid to high 11's without spraying off the line. 10's possible if you spray off the line AND can get your launch perfected.

Edit: ...and the force is with you.

LoL awesome I would love to be 11.50s or less and would be ecstatic if I got into the 10s...do you have a link to the WOT box?! How much is it and what exactly does it do to help?!

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
LoL awesome I would love to be 11.50s or less and would be ecstatic if I got into the 10s...do you have a link to the WOT box?! How much is it and what exactly does it do to help?!

It's cheap quickness:

http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox

WOT Box Window Switch Add-On - $65
This add-on device plugs into the side of the WOT Box and adds a full nitrous or water injection window switch to your WOT Box. This cable can drive your nitrous solenoids or water injection pump directly. The output can be programmed to turn on and off at specific RPMs and at a certain throttle threshold. It also automatically shuts off whenever the clutch is down, to prevent spraying during no-lift shifting or launch control. All of the settings can be adjusted using the WOT Box Software. In the next software release, the capability for full progressive control in each gear and at each RPM will be enabled for the ultimate in flexibility and control.

The add-on can drive up to 15A solenoids directly. Contact us if you need additional capacity. See the installation instructions for details on the wiring.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
You should be low 11's if you launch with the nitrous. I'm at 11.4x and have the same mods as you minus the cams. Maybe 10's on a VERY good day and if your motor holds up

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
I figured 10s were a bit of a stretch...but you never know it might be possible...if I can run 12.00s-12.20s NA...then with perfect conditions and a perfect run with the 100 shot it might happen...most likely I would need mineshaft air lol...I wouldnt rule it out...but I will never say it will do that unless it happens...thats why I said I was shooting for 11.50s

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
You should be low 11's if you launch with the nitrous. I'm at 11.4x and have the same mods as you minus the cams. Maybe 10's on a VERY good day and if your motor holds up
seeing your run is what got me thinking about this...what was your DA on that run?! I would love to be low 11s

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
sounds like your next step will be a roll bar/cage passing the 11.50 mark up. but i would have to guess around the 11.50-11.60 mark with the 100 shot. of course pending track/weather conditions and how you decide to control your spray

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
It's cheap quickness:

http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox

WOT Box Window Switch Add-On - $65
This add-on device plugs into the side of the WOT Box and adds a full nitrous or water injection window switch to your WOT Box. This cable can drive your nitrous solenoids or water injection pump directly. The output can be programmed to turn on and off at specific RPMs and at a certain throttle threshold. It also automatically shuts off whenever the clutch is down, to prevent spraying during no-lift shifting or launch control. All of the settings can be adjusted using the WOT Box Software. In the next software release, the capability for full progressive control in each gear and at each RPM will be enabled for the ultimate in flexibility and control.

The add-on can drive up to 15A solenoids directly. Contact us if you need additional capacity. See the installation instructions for details on the wiring.

So is this WOT Box Window Switch add on the only thing I will need or will I need to buy the whole kit?!

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
sounds like your next step will be a roll bar/cage passing the 11.50 mark up. but i would have to guess around the 11.50-11.60 mark with the 100 shot. of course pending track/weather conditions and how you decide to control your spray

Yeah I know...I believe at the track I use they require at least a roll bar 11.99 or under...I dont race often but it is definately something I will have to look into sooner than later...

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
So is this WOT Box Window Switch add on the only thing I will need or will I need to buy the whole kit?!

You'd need the whole kit. I think I paid $180 for mine a while back so with the window switch you're looking at ~$250. I think you could pick up another half second though if you got it all dialed in.

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
You'd need the whole kit. I think I paid $180 for mine a while back so with the window switch you're looking at ~$250. I think you could pick up another half second though if you got it all dialed in.

That would definately be the best $250 I have spent...I'll definately look into this in the near future...without this do you think I should spray in 1st?! Will my stock driveshaft handle a launch on spray with Mickeys??

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
seeing your run is what got me thinking about this...what was your DA on that run?! I would love to be low 11s

Not sure what the DA is down here at Famoso or what it was that night. I wish I had some cams or a higher stall torque converter back then so I could shoot for a 10.9x run

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure what the DA is down here at Famoso or what it was that night. I wish I had some cams or a higher stall torque converter back then so I could shoot for a 10.9x run

Do you have a stall yet?! I noticed you now have bigs and littles on it as well compared to back then...have you not ran it since last season?! Also what was the date and time of your run?! I have a DA calculator that you can plug in dates and times and it will tell you what the DA was...

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
That would definately be the best $250 I have spent...I'll definately look into this in the near future...without this do you think I should spray in 1st?! Will my stock driveshaft handle a launch on spray with Mickeys??

Yes spray in first no matter what. I think the stock driveshaft is pretty stout but I won't say yes because I have not attempted that.

If done right you can hardly tell the difference between a stick with the WOT box and an auto. Watch this video and start listening closely at the 55 second mark. I'm pretty sure the blue fox has one of these and it sounds freakin bad ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEBzhANkREA

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
Yes spray in first no matter what. I think the stock driveshaft is pretty stout but I won't say yes because I have not attempted that.

If done right you can hardly tell the difference between a stick with the WOT box and an auto. Watch this video and start listening closely at the 55 second mark. I'm pretty sure the blue fox has one of these and it sounds freakin bad ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEBzhANkREA

would it be smart to not launch off my 2 step then until I get this box and just launch holding the throttle at 6000 so I am not spraying before I launch at the line??

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
would it be smart to not launch off my 2 step then until I get this box and just launch holding the throttle at 6000 so I am not spraying before I launch at the line??

I don't think it will make a difference in your 60's either way. At least it has not for me. I've tried using the 2step and not spraying in first and also not using the 2step, but spraying in first. My 60's are basically identical at 1.8(not a good drag racer and car is not setup for drag racing). Whatever you do just don't use the nitrous and the 2step at the same time without the WOT box nitrous/water feature add on.

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think it will make a difference in your 60's either way. At least it has not for me. I've tried using the 2step and not spraying in first and also not using the 2step, but spraying in first. My 60's are basically identical at 1.8(not a good drag racer and car is not setup for drag racing). Whatever you do just don't use the nitrous and the 2step at the same time without the WOT box nitrous/water feature add on.

Ok thats what I was wondering...last year I was cutting 1.75 60s...on the spray I hope I can get into the 1.50s :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back