What will I need at 550whp on DRs??

rayS197

Reaction score
Like you I won't lower my car. I do have the CHE anti squat brackets for wheel hop etc. I have just the rear CJ's installed and all stock up front. The rear CJ springs did not lower the car much at all. I dont remember the exact measurement but it wasnt enough for concern. I might pick up one of the two above before our rental. Same thought and just do the rear shocks and leave the struts alone. JMO. maybe the experts will chime in.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
PM sent....

X2..... experts chime in please.

Can we just add rear shocks and leave the fronts stock and improve our 60fts? Or do you have to have the ying and the yang and swap out both?

conexion914

forum member
Reaction score
I think you can add those things to the rear and leave the front alone, but when you get the front done right it will help too.

In the rear I have the following:
UPR LCA
BMR LCA Relo Brackets
CJ Springs
Lakewood 50/50 Shocks (not adjustable)

In the front I have:
UPR Radiator Support Bracket
No front sway bar

My best 60' to date is a 1.802 and I run [email protected].

The CJ springs don't lower the car much, if anything they just level the car out. The Lakewood shocks are stiffer than the stock ones. You can definitely tell the suspension gets tightened, but with the sway bar removed it still squats a bit. I have an auto and its tune to shift hard. The 1-2 shift usually spins on the track and 2-3 and 3-4 really lift the front end up. Getting adjustable front shocks is something I want to do as well as put the CJ Springs I have for the front in.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
i also show the car so the low aggressive stance is a must for me. the stock 4x4 like ride height cannot stay. What about the eibach drag springs? Do they lower the car as well as help launches? I believe I have steeda's right now, which i believe are more geared to road racing, correct?

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Eibach defiantly lower the car too. There are mixed reviews of those springs. For some reason my car does not have that 4x4 look on stock springs.

1.80 60 ft with the stock converter ain't bad. My best is 1.85 but mostly lands in the middle 1.9's. I am looking for consistency as I am a bracket racer.

I am gonna go with strange shocks just not sure if I want to do the front too.

conexion914

forum member
Reaction score
Eibach defiantly lower the car too. There are mixed reviews of those springs. For some reason my car does not have that 4x4 look on stock springs.

1.80 60 ft with the stock converter ain't bad. My best is 1.85 but mostly lands in the middle 1.9's. I am looking for consistency as I am a bracket racer.

I am gonna go with strange shocks just not sure if I want to do the front too.

Sorry. I should mention I have a 3500 stall PTC converter and 4.10:1 gears. I too am a bracket racer so I put my money in building consistency. All i have is a cai, x-pipe, 09 manifold with delete plugs, gears, converter, and bama tune plus the above mentioned suspension stuff as well as a truetrack. Oh and skinnies and drag radials lol.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
I'm running the single adjustable QA1's in the rear with stock shocks up front and was dead hooking 1.51 60's on 275 radials, our track prep is really good though. I'm also running an ARB as well. Shocks are expensive, I'd say start with the rears, then if you have to, spend the money on fronts after some testing and results.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
PM sent....

X2..... experts chime in please.

Can we just add rear shocks and leave the fronts stock and improve our 60fts? Or do you have to have the ying and the yang and swap out both?

On my old set up I would 60' in the low 1.4Xs with the only thing done to the front was sway bar removal. Stock struts and springs.

However now, as I still have the stock struts and springs, I need to go with a drag racing front strut setup.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Deuce and psfracer, thanks for the input i am gonna start with the strange adjustables in the rears. Leave the front stock for now.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back